Animation and Game
- Winter semester
- Study mode:
- On campus
The following school qualifications are among the admission requirements:
- General University Entrance Qualification,
- subject-specific university entrance qualification valid in Hessen,
- University entrance qualification valid in Hessen.
Without a university entrance qualification, admission can be based on an outstanding artistic talent, which must be demonstrated in the aptitude test.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Application with a German bachelor degree:
For your formal application you need the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form.
- Copy of your University Entrance Certificate (HZB).
- English language certificate (if not included in your HZB).
- Curriculum vitae in English.
- Letter of motivation in English.
For admission to the Artistic Entrance Examination, you must submit a digital portfolio with work samples related to the field of animations and games, such as storyboards/animatics, concept art, 3-D graphics, animations, digital games/game prototypes. You may submit a maximum of 3 digital work samples. However, each work sample can be a project consisting of several related elements.
The digital portfolio must be submitted to Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences via data upload. Submission specifications are provided in the application guidelines. More information regarding the portfolio can be found on the Entrance Examination section of the program website.
Application with an international bachelor degree:
The formal application must be submitted through Uni-Assist. You will need the following documents:
- School leaving certificate.
- Depending on your country of origin, a certificate proving that you have passed the University Entrance Examination.
- If you have already studied in your home country, please also send in documentation confirming your years of study.
- English language certificate (see language requirements).
- Copy of your passport.
For admission to the Artistic Entrance Examination you must submit the following elements:
- Entrance examination application form.
- Digital portfolio consisting of 3 work samples related to the field of animations and games.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letter of motivation.
Your digital portfolio may include a maximum of 3 digital work samples. However, each work sample can be a project consisting of several related elements. The projects should be related to the field of animations and games, such as storyboards/animatics, concept art, 3-D graphics, animations, digital games/game prototypes. For more information please refer to the Entrance Examination section on the program werbsite.
IMPORTANT: All elements required for admission to the Artistic Entrance Examination must be submitted via data upload until June 1st. Please carefully observe all related specifications in the application guidelines.
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website