Animation and Game
- Winter semester
- Study mode:
- On campus
University entrance certificate. If you obtain your university entrance certificate only after the application deadline, you must submit a certification of enrollment from your school and the last two school reports. If you do not have a university entrance certificate at all you may apply for admission based on outstanding artistic aptitude.
For admission you must pass the artistic entrance examination.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Application with a German bachelor degree:
For your formal application you need the following documents:
- Copy of your University Entrance Certificate (HZB).
- English language certificate (if not included in your HZB, see language requirements).
- Curriculum vitae in English language.
- Letter of motivation in English language.
- Application portfolio form.
In order to apply for the Artistic Entrance Examination you must submit a digital portfolio with 3 work samples. These must be projects related to the field of animations and games, such as: storyboards/animatics, concept art, 3-D graphics, animations, digital games/game prototypes. You may submit a maximum of 3 digital work samples. Each work sample can be a project consisting of several related elements.
The digital portfolio must be submitted to Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences via data upload.
Application with an international bachelor degree:
You must submit the signed application form along with the following documents:
- School leaving certificate.
- Depending on your country of origin, a certificate proving that you have passed the University Entrance Examination.
- If you have already studied in your home country, please also send in documentation confirming your years of study.
- English language certificate (see language requirements).
- Copy of your passport.
For admission to the Artistic Entrance Examination you must submit the following elements:
- Entrance examination application form.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Motivation statement.
- Digital portfolio consisting of 3 work samples related to the field of animations and games.
The work samples should be creative projects related to the field of animations and games, such as storyboards/animatics, concept art, 3-D graphics, animations, digital games/game prototypes.
SUBMISSION: Please upload all elements related to the Artistic Examination Application to Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences digitally.
- Label every single file you submit according to the following standard: applicationnumber.lastname.filename (examples: 9896994_Williams_Motivationstatement; 9896994_Williams_Worksample1).
- Before uploading your data, combine them in one ZIP-file.
- Label this ZIP-file with your application number and your last name as follows: applicationnumber.lastname.agportfolio.zip.
- If you are unable to create a ZIP-file you may resolve to uploading all files separately. Make sure to name every single as specified above.
PLEASE NOTE: If your files are corrupt or not labelled in an identifiable manner, you will not receive admission to the Animation and Game Entrance Examination.
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website