- Winter semester
- Study mode:
- On campus
A prerequisite for the bachelor's degree program Expanded Realities is a university entrance qualification.
The following school qualifications apply as admission requirements:
- General University Entrance Qualification.
- Subject-specific higher education entrance qualification valid in Hesse.
- Qualification for a university of applied sciences valid in Hessen.
If you obtain your university entrance certificate only after the application deadline, you must submit a certification of enrollment from your school and the last two school reports. If you do not have a university entrance certificate at all and do not expect to obtain it in the year of your application, you may apply for admission based on outstanding artistic aptitude.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The application consists of two stages: Formal application, and Application for artistic entrance examination.
You must submit the signed application form along to uni-assist with the following documents:
- School leaving certificate.
- Depending on your country of origin, a certificate proving that you have passed the university entrance examination.
- If you have already studied in your home country, please also send in documentation confirming your years of study.
- English language certificate (see language requirements).
- Copy of your passport.
IMPORTANT: The documents under 1)-5) must be provided both in form of scans from the original as well as in form of sworn translations either in English or German language.
APPLICATION FOR ARTISTIC ENTRANCE EXAMINATION.
The application for the Expanded Realities Artistic Entrance Examination must be submitted to Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences digitally by data upload. In order to take the Artistic Entrance Examination you must complete and submit the following elements:
- Entrance Examination Application Form: Complete the Entrance Examination Application Form provided at the program page. Include your application number and don't forget to sign the declaration of honesty.
- Curriculum vitae in English language: Please include experiences (work experience or internships) and skills (e.g. software skills) related to the field of study, as well as civic activities (if applicable).
- Motivation statement: Explain your motivation to study Expanded Realities in English language on a separate typed sheet. Length: ca. 2300 characters including spaces. Answer the questions provided in the Entrance Examination Application Form.
- Digital portfolio with 3 work samples: The work samples should be related to the field of 3D experiences, concepts, virtual- or augmented reality, 2D/3D games, 3D graphics , 360° video, concept art, storyboards, corresponding prototypes, etc. More information regarding the digital portfolio can be found on the BA Expanded Realities program website under: er.mediencampus.h-da.de.
- You may submit a maximum of 3 digital work samples. However, each work sample can be a project consisting of several related elements.
- If you submit a digital game or digital VR/AR-experience, you must include a gameplay/interaction video.
- Make sure that all files run flawlessly and use common industrial standard file formats.
- Label every single file you submit according to the following standard: applicationnumber.lastname.filename (examples: 9896994_Williams_Motivationstatement; 9896994_Williams_Worksample1).
- Before uploading your data, combine them in one ZIP-file.
- Label this ZIP-file with your application number and your last name as follows: applicationnumber.lastname.agportfolio.zip.
- If you are unable to create a ZIP-file you may resolve to uploading all files separately. Make sure to name every single as specified above.
PLEASE NOTE: If your files are corrupt or not labelled in an identifiable manner, you will not receive admission to the Expanded Realities Entrance Examination.
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website