International Business Management (IBM)
- Winter semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Your university entrance qualification from your country must first be validated by the Centre for International Students in Constance before you can complete the online application.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Grade B or higher.
Specification: Grade A.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
Documents to be submitted with the application form:
- University entrance qualification (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung – HZB): The HZB is, for example, an Abitur or Fachhochschulreife, A-levels, Baccalaureat, a high school leaving certificate or equivalent. A photocopy of your HZB certified by a German government office must be submitted with your application.
- English language qualification (photocopy certified by a German government office) All applicants must submit evidence of their English language qualifications. This is a requirement because there are several non-native varieties of English spoken throughout the world. See the language requirements for more information.
- CV/Resume: a word-processed CV/resume must be enclosed with 1 passport-sized photograph.
Additional documents if applicable:
- Documents for the selection process: proof of:
- vocational education, practical experience,
- extracurricular activities,
- experience abroad (min. 3 months).
- University transcripts: If you have already studied at a university please send officially certified copies of your university transcripts too. Depending on the country you are from and on the education, you already have you might have to prove one or two years of study experience at a university.
- University entrance examination, SAT, ACT, AP.
Additional information for:
- German applicants: Please note that if you are planning to choose French or Spanish as your second foreign language option, at least 4-5 years of language courses in this language or equivalent knowledge of the language is recommended. No previous knowledge is required for studying Chinese.
- Foreign nationals with a German university entrance qualification (e.g. Fachhochschulreife, Abitur): The application deadline and the requirements for studying French, Spanish or Chinese are the same as those that apply to German candidates.
- EU applicants (Germans excepted): Applicants from other EU countries must have their academic qualifications evaluated and certified by the appropriate evaluation agency, the “Center for International Students – Studienkolleg Konstanz”, located at the University of Applied Sciences in Konstanz. Only after recognition of your university entrance qualification, you can apply at Furtwangen University until July 15th.
Contact: HTWG Konstanz, Studienkolleg, Alfred-Wachtel-Straße 8, 78462 Konstanz
The application deadline at the Studienkolleg Konstanz is on May 1st. If you send your documents later there is the possibility that the evaluation cannot be done on time to match this program application deadline.
- Non-European applicants: Please apply directly at the Hochschule Furtwangen before April 15th. The university will forward all applicants’ certificates to the Studienkolleg for evaluation.
- Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian applicants must apply first to the APS in the German Consulates in their home countries. Please ensure that the process with the Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) is completed before applying to the HFU and that the APS document is submitted with your application, otherwise, the application will not be valid.
Submission of the application: Please send the completed application and accompanying documents to:
There are additional requirements depending on your nationality. Please, check the program website for further information.
For more information please check theCourse Website