Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the Universitystudents from (world-wide): Hochschulstart (DoSV)students from All other options: directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
University entrance qualification.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
For matriculation at the University of Freiburg, you must provide originals of all application documents:
- University entrance qualification: A University entrance qualification consists of your school leaving diploma and your transcript of grades. Documents not in German, English, French, Spanish, or Italian must be translated into German or English by a certified translator or approved by a German Embassy or Consulate. Non-German University entrance qualifications including the International Baccalaureate must be recognized by the Uni International Admissions and Services (IAS). Please consult the information provided by IAS regarding your eligibility to study at a German university before applying. If you are a German citizen and have a non-German University entrance qualification, please see the following information provided by IAS.
- English proficiency: See language requirements.
- Application essay: 250-350 words, in English, answering the following question: "Is it difficult to be or to become a good world citizen? Why or why not?",
- Letter of motivation: Maximum of 650 words, in English, outlining your motivation for studying LAS at the University of Freiburg. Please see their recommendations for composing your letter of motivation.
- Declaration of authorship: The Declaration of authorship ("Erklärung") is a mandatory part of your LAS application. Please print and sign the following declaration, then scan and upload it to the application portal:
"I hereby confirm that the Letter of motivation and the Application essay have been composed by me and are my own work, unless stated otherwise."
Your First and Last Name
Your Email address
- Further Documents: For example, your Curriculum Vitae (in English) and attestations for voluntary services, internships, etc.
- Study-orientation-test: For matriculation, you must provide proof of having completed a study-orientation-test. The LAS Online Study-Choice Assistant (OSA) is such a test and an interactive tool that provides insights into studying LAS. The university recommends that you complete it before applying and upload the certificate with your application.
- Confirmation of the applicant: This form is provided by the application portal. Please download it, then print, sign, scan, and re-upload it to the application portal.
- In-person interview request: Per default, the LAS application interviews will be conducted online. In-person interviews are possible in exceptional circumstances of hardship. To request an in-person interview, you must fill in the request form and upload it as an "additional document" as part of your LAS application.
For more information please check theCourse Website