- Winter semester
- Study mode:
- On campus
A prerequisite for the bachelor's degree is a university entrance qualification.
The following school qualifications apply as admission requirements:
- General University Entrance Qualification.
- Subject-specific higher education entrance qualification valid in Hesse.
- Qualification for a university of applied sciences valid in Hessen.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Applicants with German university entrance qualification:
- Proof of a university entrance qualification recognized in Hesse or a school certificate as well as the last two certificates (annual report, semi-annual report).
- A tabular curriculum vitae including cinematic, artistic and narrative interests, description of any experience and skills in the field of study as well as a description of any social commitment.
- Portfolio with 3 work samples.
- Justification of the wish to study.
- Declaration as to whether an aptitude test for this course or the corresponding focus of the previous digital media course has already been taken at Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences.
- Declaration of consent from the legal guardian, provided that the applicant is a minor at the time of the application/aptitude test.
- If possible: Proof of sufficient English skills (see language requirements).
Applicants with an international university entrance qualification:
Create your application form and then send it to uni-assist electronically. Once this is done, please print out the application form, sign it and send the signed paper form to uni-assist along with the following documents which you must provide in form of officially authenticated copies and sworn translations:
- School leaving certificate.
- Depending on your country of origin, a certificate proving that you have passed the University Entrance Examination.
- If you have already studied in your home country, please also send in documentation confirming your years of study.
- English language certificate (see language requirements).
- Copy of your passport.
Once the formal application via Uni-Assist is processed, you will receive an invitation from the Student Service Center via email to submit your documents for the artistic entrance examination:
- A digital artistic portfolio with a maximum of three work examples together with the Portfolio Application Form.
- A curriculum vitae including artistic, cinematic and narrative interests, description of experience, skills, social engagements.
- A short motivational statement (Why? Why you? Why here? Why now?).
Once you typed in all information and uploaded all your documents, you can upload your digital portfolio together with the Application Portfolio Form to the university cloud. Link and access information is provided to you in the application platform.
Make sure to write a short description of your work samples into the form and sign the declaration of originality.
Accepted files are H.264 / H.265 / HEVC format for films, JPEG or PDF for photos, PDF for written works.
Use the following format to name your files: Application Number_Family Name_Given Name_File Name.xxx
Example: 123456_Mustermann_Maxi_My Film.mov
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website