Accounting and Controlling
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Business Studies, evidence specifically of having completed undergraduate courses in Accounting and Managerial Accounting/Controlling.
Required ECTS credits: 210. Applicants with 180 credits will be required to obtain the additional 30 credits by completing a placement in the third semester (the program will then last four semesters).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
For applicants with a Non-German Bachelor Degree:
- University degree (in case you haven't received your bachelor certificate until the application deadline has passed, please enclose a transcript of records and a letter from your university stating when you will receive the final certificate and stating your overall average grade from your studies so far).
- Transcript of Record (please mark required relevant modules with grades and credit points).
- GMAT with a score of 600 or above. Applicants can improve their range in the ranking by handing in a GMAT voluntarily. We only accept GMAT documents of up to five years old.
- Proof of English proficiency, high B2 level (see language requirements).
- Motivation letter (in English, not more than one page).
- Curriculum Vitae (in English).
- University entrance qualification/school-leaving certificate e.g. high school diploma, matura, international baccalaureate (simple copy, only for statistical reasons).
A photocopy of your passport and also a certificate of birth is not required for the application.
- A formally certified and stamped photocopy of all diplomas, degrees or certificates must be attached to your application.
- Please do not send any original documents.
- Certified copies are copies with an original stamp on it. Colour copies, scans or simple copies are no certified copies.
- Accepted authentication bodies are:
- German Embassy or Consulate,
- Notary from Germany or an EU country,
- Public authorities and institutions in Germany,
- Authorities from an EU country,
- The institution that issued your original certificate (the stamp on the certificate and on the authentication must be identical),
- Certificates not issued in German or English must be translated into German or English. Translations must be formally certified and submitted in the original.
- Additionally, the university needs a certified copy of your original Diploma/Bachelor.
- The (e-mail) address you have provided is the address the university is going to use in order to contact you. Please make sure you notify them of a change of address as soon as possible. A missed deadline that might emanate from a failure to do so is your responsibility.
- HWR Berlin only processes applications that have been completed accurately and signed. The application can only be considered if Uni Assist receives all documents before the closing date and certified copies of all those certificates that are required are attached. It is recommended to apply early, at least six weeks before the deadline expires. Applications that are sent by e-mail or fax will not be processed.
- Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian Applicants need to submit an APS certificate (available at the Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) in the German Embassy in Beijing, Hanoi, Ulan Bator).
For more information please check theCourse Website