Advanced Design of Ships and Offshore Structures (EMShip +) [Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Program]
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: September
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree. If specialized, the bachelor should be in Mechanics, Aero, Naval Architecture, Ocean Engineering, Civil Engineering, Material engineering or related fields.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years (or 4-5 years in other countries).
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related fields, searching for advanced education in Marine Hydrodynamics, Ship and offshore Design, Ship and offshore Structures, Production, and Information Technology (to upgrade his existing knowledge).
To be admitted at ULiège (Liege) - Master 1:
Existing background in the following fields are expected. The mentionned lectures are only given as exemples. Your lectures may have different names and content.
- Fundamental branches:
- Mathematics and Numerical Analysis.
- Physics, Thermodynamics.
- Solid mechanics, 5 credits (or equivalent).
- Strength of materials, 5 credits (or equivalent).
- Fluid mechanics, 5 cr, (or equivalent).
- Heat transfer, 5 credits (or equivalent).
- Dynamics of mechanical systems, 5 credits (or equivalent).
- Experience in programming, Finite Element Method, Programing code and CAD:
- Programming (coding), using for instance MATLAB, C++, Python, etc.
- Finite Element Method: appreciated but not mandatory.
- CAD tool is highly relevant (but not mandatory).
To be admitted in URO (Rostock) - Master 2:
You need to have completed 18 ECTS of Mechanics, 18 ECTS of Mathematics, 12 ECTS of fluid mechanics, 6 ECTS of Measurement Technology / Control Engineering (or equivalent lectures).
To be admitted in ECN (Nantes) - Master 2:
Candidates need to have completed lectures in Mathematics and Fluid Mechanics, which is verified through the admission procedure to enter at Master 1 at ULiège.
To be admitted at UPM (Spain) - Master 2: Candidates need to have succeeded the Master M1 at ULiège.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in September)
Application Procedure & Selection
Upload all requested documents*:
- Copy of ID card and or passport, and a copy of nationality certificate dated the year of the registration issued.
- Copy of your Secondary School Diploma + transcript.
- Copy of your diploma of bachelor's degree + Transcripts (and eventually of your M.Sc. Degree).
- Cover letters with your motivations.
- Prerequisite sheet (see the previous degree and additional qualification fields).
- Recommendation letters (2).
- Summary of your last dissertation (BsC or MSc).
- An English Proficiency Certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent). See language requirements. The English communication skills will be verified during the interview.
- Official documents for the past five years (year by year) if they are not covered by your last diploma.
- Validate your application (once your application is validated, you receive a confirmation email).
*All documents must be translated into English or French (by a sworn translator) and all copies have to be sworn..
For more information please check theCourse Website