Advanced Optical Technologies
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in physics or a relevant engineering subject qualifies you for applying for a place on the MAOT. The most common previous degrees held by the current students are physics, electrical engineering (including related programs such as telecommunication) or an optics-related course.
Your grades should be equivalent to the German ‘good’. Grades from countries outside Germany of an applicant will be considered on the basis of publicly accessible information on the standard in the home country of issue. If applicants can provide official information on the grading system in their country or at their university this will be duly considered.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The application form must be submitted as an Excel file. All other documentation should be submitted in PDF format and contained within one single file. The maximum number of files to be submitted is, therefore, two files: one Excel file (application form) and one PDF file containing the rest of your documents. The preferred order of the documents in the PDF-file is as follows:
- Letter of motivation.
- Transcript for most recent University degree program.
- Degree from most recent University degree program.
- If applicable: transcript/degree of further University degree program.
- High school diploma or secondary school certificate of education.
- Letters of reference (if available, not mandatory for the first submission).
- Other documents, such as proof of sufficient English language skills and proof of adequate German language skills.
The degree of precision with which these guidelines are followed will be taken as an indication of the applicant’s ability to work thoroughly.
For more information please check theCourse Website