Advanced Optical Technologies
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in physics or a relevant engineering subject.
Your grades should be equivalent to the German ‘good’. Grades from countries outside Germany of an applicant will be considered on the basis of publicly accessible information on the standard in the home country of issue. If applicants can provide official information on the grading system in their country or at their university this will be duly considered.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Applications, including all the necessary documents as attachments, are to be submitted by email to [email protected]
- Application form: Completed application form (Excel file) as an excel file. Save with the file name applicationform_maot2020_pure_yourname.xlsx, i.e. use your family name instead of ‚yourname‘.
- Documents: One pdf file with documents in exactly this order:
- (Mandatory) Curriculum vitae (CV) including details of school and higher education.
- (Mandatory) Letter of motivation (approx one A4 page) including information on the following THREE questions:
- Why do you want to study optical technologies?
- Why do you want to study in Germany and on an international, English-speaking program.
- Why are you particularly interested in MAOT?
- (Mandatory) Scans of the certificates and transcripts for all academic degrees. This must comprise the actual degree and a transcript listing all courses attended and grades achieved (only documents in English or German, no other languages). The minimum entrance requirement is a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in physics or a relevant engineering subject. In individual cases a bachelor’s in a scientific subject other than physics may be accepted if sufficient knowledge of optical technologies can be demonstrated. You can also apply, if you have not yet completed your previous bachelor’s degree. Please submit any and all documents you may have relating to your studies (a transcript of records in particular is essential). Your chances of being admitted will not be affected by you not having completed the previous bachelor’s program.
- (Mandatory) Scan of the high school diploma or certificate of secondary school education (including courses and grades).
- (Mandatory) Proof of sufficient English and German language skills (see language requirements).
- (Optional) Further documents.
The accuracy with which these guidelines are followed will be considered as an indicator for the capacity of the applicant to work thoroughly.
If you have trouble to prepare or submit the documents please contact [email protected]
The application form must be submitted as an Excel file. All other documentation should be submitted in PDF format and contained within one single file. The maximum number of files to be submitted is therefore two files: one Excel file (application form) and one PDF file containing the rest of your documents. The preferred order of the documents in the PDF-file is as follows:
- Letter of motivation
- Transcript for most recent University degree program.
- Degree from most recent University degree program.
- If applicable: transcript / degree of further University degree program.
- High school diploma or secondary school certificate of education.
- Letters of reference (if available, not mandatory for the first submission).
- Other documents.
The degree of precision with which these guidelines are followed will be taken as an indication of the applicant’s ability to work thoroughly.
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website