Advanced Signal Processing and Communications Engineering
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Outstanding bachelor’s degree: at least 80% or 2.0 (straight B) in the German grading system.
Applicants must have knowledge in the following areas:
- Engineering math: linear algebra, complex analysis, linear differential equations, Fourier transform, Laplace transform, z-transform.
- Signals and Systems (textbook, e.g., Oppenheim/Willsky, Signals, and Systems).
- Communications (textbook, e.g., Haykin, Communication Systems).
- Stochastic Signals (textbook, e.g., Pillai/Papoulis: Probability, Random Variables, a.nd Stochastic Processes).
- Minimum knowledge in Digital Signal Processing: A.V. Oppenheim and R. Schafer, Discrete-Time Signal Processing, 3rd edition, Prentice Hall, 2013.
- Software: MATLAB or Python.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
You have to add the following documents as scanned copies per email:
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) including a passport picture.
- Your secondary school’s leaving certificate and university entrance certificate (certified English or German version).
- Bachelor’s degree and academic transcripts (certified English or German version).
- English language proficiency (see language requirements).
- APS certificate (China).
- GRE test results (if any).
- Certificates for German language courses or tests (optional).
- Recommendation letters of two of your academic teachers that have known you well (optional).
Please send this form and the documents by email to:
Please submit all the requested information - incomplete forms will not be handled.
Bachelor students who will graduate before the start of the semester can apply using their transcript of records. These students will be asked to provide their final certificates if they are admitted.
For more information please check theCourse Website