Agricultural and Food Economics (AFECO)
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in study programs linked to agribusiness management, agricultural economics, food and household economics, economics, business management, or a similar subject.
A minimum of 42 (ECTS) in economics or business management (equivalent to 1260 hours workload) – including:
- An economic focus of the bachelor thesis topic.
- A minimum of 5 ECTS in microeconomics.
- A minimum of 5 ECTS in statistics.
A grade of at least 2,5 or an equivalent grade ('good', B+, second class upper division in other grading systems).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Filled out application form.
- Bachelor's degree certificate with an overall grade of at least 2,5 or equivalent (e.g. 'good', B+) in German or English (or certified English translation).
Students in the final year of their bachelor program may also apply for admission prior to graduation. The examination board can tentatively admit students based on a transcript of their academic records and the expected date of graduation.
- University entrance qualification diploma (e.g. high school diploma, Abiturzeugnis).
- Transcript of academic records (B.Sc.) in German or English (or certified English translation).
Please make sure that your official bachelor's transcript either shows credit points according to the ECTS credit point system or else attach a diploma supplement that explains the credit point system of your university.
Please send an official transcript of records with your marks obtained so far if you have not graduated yet.
- Curriculum vitae (in English) with a photo.
- Sufficient English language proficiency test result (see language requirements).
- Further information (facultative): you can submit any document in English or German that may enable the examination board to better judge your application, such as a summary of your bachelor thesis (two pages maximum), an official letter of recommendation from your professor or employee, a letter of motivation.
Please send all application documents – have in mind that only certified documents are accepted – via postal mail to Mrs. Ursula Rickert until April 30th.
Ursula Rickert, Dipl. Ing. (FH)
Institute for Food and Resource Economics (ILR)
University of Bonn
Meckenheimer Allee 174
D-53115 Bonn, Germany
Tel. +49 (0)228 73-3121
For more information please check theCourse Website