© University of Hohenheim / All rights reserved
University of Hohenheim

Agricultural Sciences in the Tropics and Subtroрiсs

M.Sc. (Master of Science)
Subjects: Agriculture & Forestry, Agricultural Economics
English only
Winter semester: 15 Mar/15 Sep
Application Deadlines
2 Years (starting: Winter semester)
Free / € 1500
Tuition Fees (per semester)
Winter semester
Mode of admission:
without admission restriction 
directly at University
Study mode:
On campus


Qualification Requirements

Previous Degree

Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural, Natural, or Environmental Sciences, or a related discipline. Disciplines related are Agricultural Biology, Agricultural Business (s-teaching), Biology, Horticulture, Geography, Agriculture, Biobased Products and Bioenergy, Environmental Sciences, or a bachelor's degree program in which the subject content is at least 50% of a bachelor's degree program in agricultural sciences or one of the bachelor's degree programs mentioned above.

Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Required ECTS crеdits: 180.

GPA (German System) 2.50
GPA Comment

Proof of an above-average degree must be provided with an average grade of 2.5 or better or with a ranking.

Applicants with an average grade of 2.6 to 2.9 can prove their above-average aptitude in the subject with a letter of recommendation (details can be found in the application documеnts).

Language Requirements

The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.

min C1 Advanced (CAE)
min 6.5
min 90
min C1 Business Higher (BEC Higher)
Telc English B2-C1 University
min B2
Specification: At least "good".
min II
Specification: At least "good".
Does the university recognize "other equivalent language certificates"? yes

Additional information:
English language proficiency can also be proven with German university entrance qualification (HZB) if at least four semesters of English were taken in the higher level (Oberstufe) (average mark of at least 8 points, excluding a separate Abitur examination). Native language English Citizens of the following countries may simply upload their passport as a proof of their English proficiency: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, United States of America, or from Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, or from South American Belize or Guyana. Proof of successful completion of a bachelor’s or a master’s degree program taught in English in one of the countries listed above or in an EU-member-state can also serve as proof. The admission committee may decide to accept language tests other than those listed as an alternative to the TOEFL.

Application & Admission

Application Deadlines

Application Procedure & Selection

Mode of Admission:
without admission restriction 
Admission Test/Interview:
directly at University
Application Fee:


Application Documents

Please upload your documents in PDF format. You do not need to send any document by postal mail.

Before you apply, make sure you have the following documents ready in pdf format:

  1. Bachelor's degree certificate & transcript of records in original form, with certified translations into English or German (if issued in another language). In addition to credits and grades earned per course, transcripts must include a grading scale, otherwise, a supplement is to be included.
    If you have not graduated yet at the time of applying, you can just upload your current grade list. In case you have studied at the master’s level already you can also include the respective documents here. They cannot replace the bachelor’s documents, they can only be considered additional to your bachelor’s degree.
  2. Proof of English proficiency (see language requirements). Please note: language proficiency letters from universities are not accepted.
  3. University entrance qualification (i.e. your secondary school leaving certificate, high school diploma, A-level certificate, etc.) in original form, with certified translations into English or German (if issued in another language). This is needed for statistical purposes only and does not influence your admission to the program.
  4. Ranking or recommendation letter, if an additional proof is needed to show that the final grade of your previous degree was actually above average. If your GPA is numerically below average (2.5 on the German scale), then you will need to acquire a ranking document from your university proving that you were in the top half of your class.
  5. APS Certificate (Akademische Prüfstelle), only for applicants from India, China and Viеtnam.


University of Hohenheim

Further Information

For more information please check the

Course Website