- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in American studies, English studies, geography, history, political science, religious studies/history, theology/church history, or a related field.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Required ECTS credits: 180
As a rule, 50% of the classes or 70 CP in your undergraduate degree should be in the discipline you will choose as your first core discipline in the M.A. program (geography, history, literature/culture, political science, religious history). Please note that the admission committee can make reasonable exceptions to this rule at its discretion. In any case, however, the amount of preparatory training you have received in your prospective first core discipline must not be less than 20% of your previous classes or 28 CP. In your second core discipline, at least 15 CP are required.
Please also keep in mind that you may make up for any missing credit points during the M.A. program.
If you are still in the process of completing your B.A. degree, please provide a current transcript. Make sure that you are able to present your B.A. diploma upon registration in October.
Above-average bachelor's degree.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least 185 points equivalent to C1/proficient user.
Specification: At least 6.5 points in each subcategory.
Specification: At least 22 points in each subcategory.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- An above-average B.A. degree (see the previous field for more information).
- Proof of your English language proficiency (see language requirements).
- A motivation letter written in English (600 words), in which you explain your educational background and its relation to the field of American studies, as well as indicate the scholarly interests you plan to pursue within the M.A. in American studies program.
For more information please check theCourse Website