Anglophone Literatures, Cultures and Media
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in English studies or a related subject (general and comparative literature, Romance studies, German studies or another new philology, media studies, cultural anthropology, ethnology ) in combination with an Anglistic minor, or a related subject.
The examination board decides on the recognition and comparability of the degrees.
Provisional admission is possible subject to the reservation if at least 80% of the CP required for the bachelor's degree has been achieved and the bachelor's thesis has already been completed or is about to be completed. The bachelor's degree must be proven within the next 6 months at the latest.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least 7 in all four areas.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- if you are not already enrolled at Goethe University: a copy of your university entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur).
- Bachelor certificate with the transcript of records (for foreign certificates: please also provide a certified copy in English or German).
- If the Bachelor's certificate is not yet available:
- Transcript of Records or a comparable document listing the content of the course and an average grade.
- Expert opinion or recommendation of the person supervising the bachelor thesis.
- Proof of enrollment in the bachelor's program that has not yet been completed.
- Letter of motivation in English (max. 800 words), which shows the professional interest in the master's program in Anglophone Literatures, Cultures, and Media.
- Proof of level C1 English knowledge (see language requirements).
- Exam claim statement.
- If you did not acquire your first undergraduate degree from a German university:
- For applicants from the countries of Vietnam and the People's Republic of China: APS certificate (original only).
For more information please check theCourse Website