Animation and Game Direction
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related subject, such as animation, game design, film/video, virtual reality, digital media, scenography.
- Applicants with a 7-semester/210 ECTS bachelor's degree or Diploma are qualified for the 3-semester pathway. They may however apply for the 4-semester program version if this fits better with their individual career plans.
- The 4-semester version includes an industrial placement semester or, as an alternative, a study abroad semester. It is obligatory for undergraduate applicants holding a 6-semester/180 ECTS bachelor's degree.
Please note that the 3-semester version is only available for enrolment in summer semesters.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
FORMAL APPLICATION THROUGH UNI-ASSIST:
You must upload the following documents:
- Copy of your passport.
- High school/secondary school leaving certificate.
- Depending on your country of origin, a certificate proving that you have passed the University Entrance Examination.
- Complete certificate on university studies (bachelor degree certificate with transcript of records including grading system and diploma supplement).
- English language certificate (see language requirements).
APPLICATION FOR THE ARTISTIC ENTRANCE EXAMINATION:
In order to take the Artistic Entrance Examination you must submit the following documents to Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences digitally via data upload:
- Completed entrance examination application form.
- Curriculum vitae in English language.
- References (if applicable) such as publications, awards, work experience, recommendation letters, participation in film festivals or exhibitions.
- Motivation statement in English language (2 standard pages consisting of 2300 characters including spaces).
- Master project proposal in English language outlining the applicant's academic and artistic goals (3-5 standard pages consisting of 2300 characters including spaces).
- Digital portfolio with 3-5 artistic work samples related to the field of Animation and Game Direction. Please observe the following portfolio specifications:
- Do not submit more than 5 work samples.
- If you submit games, VR or AR projects, include a gameplay video or walkthrough video.
- Make sure that all files run flawlessly and use common file types.
Please send all application documents related to the artistic entrance examination including your digital portfolio as specified above (items 1-6) to Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences via data upload. Use the following link and password:
- Name every single file you submit according to the following naming convention: applicationnumber_lastname_filename.
- Before uploading your data, combine all files in one ZIP-file.
- Name this ZIP-file with your Application Number and your last name as follows: applicationnumber_lastname_firstname_agd.zip.
- If your files are corrupt or not named in an identifiable manner, your application is invalid and you may get excluded from the Animation and Game Direction Entrance Examination.
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website