Integrated Urban Development and Design: Advanced Urbanism
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the disciplines of architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning/town planning, urban design, environmental planning, regional planning, civil engineering, geography, urban and architectural sociology, environmental sciences, cultural studies and other disciplines relevant to the natural and built environment. In case of doubt, the examination board decides on the eligibility according to the specific qualification.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
The applicant must have a certain level of professional experience shown through adequate works samples, text-based and visual, as well as through samples from your previous studies.
The admission requirement is an undergraduate or graduate degree with a minimum grade of “good” in a technically relevant field that enables the graduate to enter the profession, from either a German university, technical college of administration, state or state recognised academy or an equivalent degree from an international university (equivalent to a final overall grade between 1,0 and 2,5 of the German grading system).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Grade C.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Your letter of motivation | 1 page | signed.
- As part of your application you are requested to include a PDF file with at least three samples from your previous study or professional work (portfolio) ideally related to relevant fields of studies. The file may consist of samples including, but not limited to:
- works from your previous or current studies (e.g. architectural or urban designs; visuals/text-based/text-supported, Masters or Bachelors thesis or seminar work, designs, writings, thesis, etc),
- works from internships,
- works from a previous career,
- self-initiated projects,
- volunteer work,
A short description of the projects in the portfolio is appreciated.
If you include team-work, please indicate your role and your contribution within the team.
Applicants with a background in design and related fields would usually upload their portfolio.
Applicants from fields reliant on text work are asked to submit a short summary of 1-2 pages for each work sample. Do include graphs and images - if relevant. Please submit all samples in one single PDF file labeled with your last and first name through Uni-Assist. It is appreciated that portfolios do not exceed 6 MB.
- Certificate of qualification for university entrance | certified copy.
- University degree or similar qualifications including all relevant study results (courses and grades) if they are not listed in the degree documents | certified copy, documents not in German or English need to be submitted in a certified translated version, in German or English.
- Proof of English language proficiency according to B2 (see language requirements).
- Your CV.
You are free to choose the style of CV.
- You are also free to add additional documents like recommendation letters, work references, etc.
- In addition, and voluntarily, you are encouraged to write and reflect on urban matters by submitting a small essay about one chapter of a book/author related to urbanism and your reflections on this book/author (800 words maximum).
For more information please check theCourse Website