- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Applicants who have received high-quality bachelor's degrees in related subject areas (e.g. earth sciences, environmental sciences, physics, engineering) from European universities with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, or who have received high-quality bachelor's degrees (e.g. minimum upper second-class honors in the U.K. type of system or minimum grade-point averages of 75% in other systems) in appropriate subject areas (e.g. earth sciences, environmental sciences, physics, engineering) from top universities in other countries, are eligible to enter the joint master’s program.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With a minimum grade of A.
Specification: With a minimum score of 6.0 for each section.
Specification: With a minimum score of 21 for each section.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- A scanned copy of the page(s) of your passport which states your name, date of birth, place of birth and the passport expiration date.
- English language test (see language requirements).
- Résumé/curriculum vitae in English.
- Certified copy of your academic degree(s).
- If applicable: certified translations of your degree(s) in English, French, Dutch or German.
- Certified copy of your academic transcript(s).
- If applicable: certified translations of your academic transcript(s) in English, French, Dutch or German.
- Two reference letters in English, French, German or Dutch.
- An extensive essay, that should be a text of 2000-3000 words in English that covers the following points:
- A concise summary of courses taken during your bachelor's studies, together with the grades obtained.
- A short description of your bachelor's thesis or final bachelor's assignment(s).
- A review of your most favored subjects, explaining why they are favored.
- A review of your least favored subjects, explaining why they are not favored.
- Your motivation to complete a master’s program in "Applied Geophysics".
- Your interest in the Joint Masters program.
- Examples of three research themes in "Applied Geophysics" that appeal to you, together with the reasons why they are interesting.
For more information please check theCourse Website