- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Summer Semester: April
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
High school diploma (university entrance qualification).
Also, you need a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in physics, satisfying the following conditions:
- An equivalent of at least 32 ECTS credits in courses in theoretical physics (mechanics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, thermodynamics/statistical physics).
- An equivalent of at least 32 ECTS credits in courses in experimental physics (mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, optics, structure of matter).
- An equivalent of at least 24 ECTS credits in courses in mathematics (analysis, linear algebra).
- An equivalent of at least 18 ECTS credits in physics lab courses (beginners, advanced lab).
- A Bachelor's thesis in physics (equivalent of 10 ECTS credits) or equivalent.
Bachelor’s degrees from non-European countries need to be from 4-year programs. You can apply if you have a 3-year degree AND either a graduate diploma or master’s degree (1-2 years).
Admission is not granted if the applicant has lost the "Prüfungsanspruch" (has ultimately failed) in a master's degree program or an equivalent program in physics.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Within this application period please register and log in to the online application portal. Fill the required information and upload the requested documents. To finalize your application, you have to print the Confirmation Form, sign it and upload a scan to the portal.
The following documents have to be uploaded:
- Your undergraduate diploma (including translated copy in German or English). If you have not yet completed your undergraduate studies, a certified transcript of marks is sufficient.
- Your transcript of marks/Transcript of Records (including translated copy in German or English).
- Proof of English proficiency (see language requirements).
- Curriculum vitae or résumé.
- "Motivation Letter", in which you state the motivation for your application (max. one A4-page).
- APS certificate (for applicants from China, Vietnam and Mongolia only).
For more information please check theCourse Website