Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in either mathematics, computer science, physics, electrical engineering, or a related area, whose curricula include the modules Analysis I + II, Linear Algebra I, and Stochastics I that together comprise 30 ECTS and were taught at a level that corresponds to the level for computer scientists at HHU. The exam board determines whether you fulfill the entrance requirements.
The final grade of your bachelor's degree must not be below 2.5 with respect to the German grading system. You can convert grades to the German system by using the 'Bavarian Formula'.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The university will need from you the following documents:
- Bachelor certificate (or certificate of a comparable university degree) with a final grade. Alternatively, if you have not yet completed your bachelor's degree, submit a provisional certificate with an intermediate grade based on your completed courses. The university will need the full certificate until the 30th of September, otherwise, they won't be able to enroll you.
- Transcript of records with your courses and grades.
- Unless your mathematics courses have been taken at an institute for mathematics and have clear descriptive names like "Linear Algebra", "Analysis", "Stochastics" (as opposed to names like "Mathematics for Engineers 1/2/3"), enclose the syllabus of your mathematics courses.
- If you do not yet have your bachelor's degree, the university needs confirmation from your supervisor that you are scheduled to submit your bachelor thesis, with the expected date of completion of your degree. If your bachelor's degree does not involve writing a thesis, a confirmation of this fact from your university is needed.
- Proof of your proficiency in English (see language requirements). If your bachelor course was taught entirely in English, then you do not need an extra certificate of English skills.
- Copy of your passport or ID card.
- If you are eligible for preferential treatment, e.g. because of some disability, a confirmation of that is needed.
For more information please check theCourse Website