Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in either Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering or a related area, whose curricula include the modules Analysis I + II, Linear Algebra I, and Stochastics I that together comprise 30 ECTS and were taught at a level that corresponds to the level for computer scientists at HHU. The examination board determines whether you fulfill the entrance requirements.
The final grade of your bachelor's degree must be between 1.0 and 2.5 with respect to the German grading system. You can convert grades to the German system by using the 'Bavarian Formula'.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
The university will need from you the following documents:
- Bachelor's certificate (or certificate of a comparable university degree) with a final grade. Alternatively, if you have not yet completed your bachelor's degree, submit a provisional certificate with an intermediate grade based on your completed courses. The university will need the full certificate by the 30th of September, otherwise, they won't be able to enroll you.
- Transcript of records with your courses and grades.
- Enclose the syllabi of your mathematics courses.
- If you do not yet have your bachelor's degree, the university needs confirmation from your supervisor that you are scheduled to submit your bachelor's thesis, with the expected date of completion of your degree. If your bachelor's degree does not involve writing a thesis, a confirmation of this fact from your university is needed.
- Proof of your proficiency in English (see language requirements). If your bachelor's course was taught entirely in English, then you do not need an extra certificate of English skills.
- If you are eligible for preferential treatment, e.g. because of some disability, a confirmation of that is needed.
Note: If your documents are in a different language than German, English, or French, (this is independent of your passport, it's just about where you finished your degree), they have to be translated to German or English, or French. Upon application, this translation can be done by yourself and doesn't need to be officially certified.
For more information please check theCourse Website