Artificial Intelligence Engineering
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in computer science or mathematics with a computer science/mathematics component of at least 120 ECTS credits. Out of these 120 ECTS credits:
- at least 35 ECTS credits must have been earned in mathematics modules/courses, including theoretical computer science,
- at least 40 ECTS credits must have been earned in computer science modules/courses,
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
If you completed a four-year non-ECTS degree, the 120 ECTS credit requirement is deemed to be met if two-thirds of your credit points were earned in computer science/mathematics-related modules/courses.
The final grade for your first degree must be 2.7 or better under the German marking system, or the relevant equivalent final grade in a foreign marking system. If your final grade is not 2.7 (or the equivalent foreign grade) or better, you may still apply if you can prove that you ranked among the best 70% of graduates within your particular degree programme in the academic year in which your final certificate was issued (i.e. your cohort). In that case you should provide an official certificate from your university registrar specifying the total number of graduates of your cohort as well as, importantly, the rank number/percentile you attained on the basis of your final grade.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
As part of the application you must submit an English or German-language abstract/summary of your undergraduate dissertation/bachelor's thesis/final year project.
If you did not write a dissertation/thesis as a formal part of your prior degree program, you may instead submit an academic research paper or publication that demonstrates your ability to solve a scientific research problem independently.
If you do not have your degree certificate and final transcript at the time of application:
- If you cannot provide your final bachelor's (or equivalent) certificate and transcript but are in the final semester of your degree program at the time of application, you may include the transcripts thus far available reflecting the courses previously taken as well as all results and current marks/grades. You will then be considered for a conditional offer, in which case you would have to present your degree certificate and final transcript at enrolment or within 10 weeks after the first day of lectures. This will be approved only if you have already completed all coursework and assessments for your first degree at the beginning of the degree program at the University of Passau and have submitted a (preliminary) transcript showing an average (preliminary) grade of 2.7 or the equivalent foreign grade.
Please note that the university only recognises degrees awarded by universities with 'H+' status in the Anabin database of the German Central Office for Foreign Education. You can check the Anabin database online or contact the International Coordinator of the faculty by e-mail if you do not understand German.
For more information please check theCourse Website