- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in physics (or related fields). In particular, it is required for applicants to have successfully completed the following coursework:
- In experimental physics: courses in atomic, molecular, solid-state, nuclear, and/or particle physics corresponding to at least 15 Credit Points in total.
- Lab courses corresponding to at least 15 Credit Points in total.
- In theoretical physics: courses in quantum mechanics and statistical physics corresponding to at least 15 Credit Points in total.
In case it is not evident from your transcript that you fulfill these criteria (e.g. due to additional coursework), please address this in your application.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
Candidates should upload the following documents to our online application portal as pdfs:
- Statement of purpose.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Certificates/academic records and transcripts. Please be aware that in case of acceptance you will need to provide the copies of all degrees/academic records and transcripts, all certified by the respective authorities.
- Proof of English language proficiency (see language requirements).
- Furthermore, 2 recommendation letters are required. Once an application is submitted via the online application tool, corresponding referees will receive automatic e-mails with an upload link through which reference letters can be submitted. Please make sure that your referees provide these documents as pdf files within the deadline.
For more information please check theCourse Website