Automation & IT [Part-Time]
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in electrical engineering, computer science, engineering science, automation, or related disciplines.
If you have not graduated from your undergraduate program yet, you may still apply for admission if you expect to have graduated by the time the Master's program starts.
An above-average degree. A degree is deemed above-average if the final grades "A"/"B" or "excellent"/"good" were awarded.
Applicants who hold a suitable undergraduate degree (as stated in the previous degree field) with a final grade that is worse than 2.5 (German grading system) may still prove their professional qualification for the admission to the Master's program if they meet the following requirements:
- proof of suitable professional experience of usually at least two years in a field relevant to the respective specialization of the program, or
- a successfully conducted interview with the selection committee of at least 20 minutes duration.
The committee may also offer conditional admission that requires students to obtain additional achievements of up to 30 ECTS. The selection committee is to decide on the nature and scope of the additional achievements.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
€ 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
Please send the following application documents by post to uni-assist in Berlin:
- Please write down your uni-assist applicant number (for example on your copy of your passport).
- Officially certified copy of the secondary school leaving certificate and - if applicable - the university entrance examination (original language and translation if necessary)
- If applicable: officially certified copy of the course achievements and upon completion of the course, your final certificate (original language and translation if necessary).
- If you have completed a preparatory course: officially certified copy of the assessment test certificate.
- Applicants with certificates from China, Mongolia (until 2018), and Vietnam: original GSP certificate.
- Officially certified copy of your proof of sufficient knowledge of German (not required for English-language courses, instead, proof of English knowledge).
- Tabular CV.
- Copy of your passport - page with personal data
- If the name changes: a copy of the certificate (for example, through a marriage certificate).
Applicants are required also to detail their motivation for pursuing the Master's program in a 2-page cover letter, written in English.
This cover letter may be used to determine an applicant's aptitude for the program. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
For more information please check theCourse Website