Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a discipline/program related to the master’s program, such as biology, biochemistry, biosciences, biotechnology, or biomedicine. Academic degrees in related fields may be recognized provided they are equivalent or comparable.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Proof of knowledge in molecular biology and biochemistry totaling at least 60 credit points. If the applicant's total number of demonstrable credit points is up to 4 fewer than the required 60 credit points, the Examining Board shall decide on a case-by-case basis whether the applicant meets the prerequisites despite the missing credit points.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Specification: At least 5 in each field.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Completed and signed admissions application. The admission application is the document that is compiled as a result of your online application on uni-assist.
- Simple copy (i.e. uncertified) of the German- or English-language graduation certificate from your first degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Diplom, Magister).
If your graduation or preliminary certificate is in a language other than German or English, then you must submit a German or English translation certified by a sworn translator, along with a simple copy of this document.
If documentation of your first professional qualification is not yet available by the admission application deadline, you can still apply for admission. You must have (with a transcript of records, uncertified will suffice):
- At least 140 CP in a bachelor's degree with a total requirement of 180 CP.
- At least 170 CP in a bachelor's degree with a total requirement of 210 CP.
- At least 200 CP in a bachelor's degree with a total requirement of 240 CP.
- Diploma Supplement: a simple copy (i.e. uncertified) of the diploma supplement or other relevant documentation from your university regarding all coursework completed for your first professional degree. You may also submit the module manual or the study and examination regulations of your degree program to evidence your qualification. If this coursework was completed at an institution of higher education other than the University of Potsdam, then this proof must include information regarding the credit points, form, content, and the examination modalities.
- If applicable, a placement notification for the first semester.
- English and German (if applicable) language knowledge (see language requirements).
- Evidence of research internships, occupational experience, or other qualifications directly connected to the "Biochemistry and molecular biology" master’s program pursued outside of institutions of higher education.
- Evidence of special discipline-related achievements such as scholarship, academic publications, awards, or other distinctions with a connection to the master’s program.
- Current or last certificate of university enrollment, or a copy of an exmatriculation certificate from a German institution of higher education, if you were enrolled in a program after acquiring the degree on which your application for the master's program is based.
- Documentation of citizenship, if applicable (e.g., a copy of your passport).
- A written application for immediate admission in the context of the hardship quota (hardship application) and documentation required to substantiate such an application, if applicable.
- Documentation of an earlier offer of admission or proof of period service, if applicable.
- Documentation of qualification for the Brandenburg quota (Profilquote), if applicable.
- A written application to upgrade your waiting period, as well as documentation required to substantiate such an application, if applicable.
- A written application to upgrade your average grade, as well as documentation required to substantiate such an application, if applicable.
- Documentation regarding ongoing or completed asylum proceedings, if applicable.
Please note that applicants have to show proof of knowledge in molecular biology and biochemistry totaling at least 60 CP. The minimum CP of 60 is usually demonstrated with a transcript of records or other academic records.
For more information please check theCourse Website