- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, biology, chemistry or a related topic.
Bachelor curriculum should include practical courses in biochemistry, cell biology, chemistry, molecular biology/genetics, cell biology.
Bachelors in biotechnology/engineering or pharmacy will only be considered if transcripts show sufficient theoretical and practical skills in biochemistry, molecular biology/genetics/cell biology.
If you have not finished your bachelor at the time of application you can apply with a current transcript of records, showing individual grades for at least 72 % of the required credit points (130 ECTS out of 180 ECTS for German applicants).
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Documents for application:
- Short cover letter (no motivation letter).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Application form.
- Academic certificates and/or transcripts as certified copies:
- High school diploma (transcripts of individual grade).
- Bachelor's degree (transcript of individual grades or current transcript of records with at least 130 out of 180 ECTS).
Note: Only documents/copies with original certification are accepted. No photocopies of certifications/notarizations.
Send your application by post (hard copies) and include all stated documents addressed to:
Application Master Biochemie
Department of Biochemistry
Gene Center of the LMU
Note: International students need to apply in addition at the International Office of the university (different address).
Two applications have to be sent in by international students:
- One to the Department of Biochemistry.
- One to the International Office of the LMU Munich.
Note: Both offices need to accept your application.
For more information please check theCourse Website