- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree in bioinformatics with components in mathematics, computer science, chemistry/biochemistry, biology, and bioinformatics that correspond to the bachelor’s degree program in bioinformatics at Freie Universität Berlin, or an equivalent degree.
An equivalent degree might be a degree in a related field (e.g. biomathematics, computational biology) which contains components similar to our bachelor’s degree program. As a rule, for being eligible, one-third of your undergraduate studies need to be in mathematics and statistics (analysis, linear algebra, computational mathematics, probability/statistics), one third in computer science (programming, algorithms and data structures) and bioinformatics and one third in biology/chemistry/biochemistry (molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
€ 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
Please submit the following documents to uni-assist as officially certified copies via mail:
- Graduation certificate (if you have completed your studies) with a final grade. If you are applying for a higher subject-specific semester, this document is stringently required.
- Official current transcript of records with a final grade.
- Official transcript of records for the master’s program and a current certificate of enrollment, only when applying for the higher subject-specific semesters.
- If applicable, a current certificate of enrollment, in case you are currently enrolled or have been enrolled at a German university/college after completing your first degree.
- Official translations of all certificates if issued in any language other than German or English, issued by sworn translators only or by an institution being entitled to translations for official purposes.
- Proof of English language knowledge, and German if required (see language requirements).
- In case you file a special application, send in the completed special application sheet along with all documents supporting your special application as officially certified copies.
- Applicants coming from China, Mongolia, or Vietnam have to submit the original certification from an Academic Evaluation Centre (Akademische Prüfstelle - APS) in addition to the required documents. If the certification presented does not yet include the degree for the application to a master's program, then so-called recertification (Nachzertifizierung), confirming the degree, has to be submitted for re-registration to the following semester.
Please check carefully, if you have sent all the required documents with your applicant number via mail to uni-assist in due time. If this is not the case, your application is incomplete and will be excluded from the admission procedure.
For more information please check theCourse Website