- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in biological sciences or a subject related to biological sciences. Applicants holding a degree in biotechnology, biomedical programs, agricultural science, or other fields of natural science, mathematics, and informatics will not be considered unless additional qualification in biology is provided. In general, applicants will not be considered if holds a master of science degree in biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, agriculture, and other related fields.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Applicants with a non-German degree (bachelor or equivalent) need legalized hard copies of the certificates (in English or German) and will need to apply via the online platform uni-assist. At least 80% of the maximum bachelor (or equivalent) credits need to be certified as of the application deadline.
- Prepare a curriculum vitae (CV). The CV should include your address, e-mail, education, (if applicable professional experience, publications, awards, additional qualifications, etc), and the contact details of two academic referees who are able to comment in detail on your capacity to cope with the academic demand of the program.
- Prepare a motivation statement explaining:
- Why you would like to join this particular M.Sc. program.
- What are your specific skills that qualify you for this program (250 - 500 words).
- Admission requires that you have acquired laboratory skills/practical experience and that you have conducted a practical/computational research project. Therefore, please prepare:
- A short summary (100 to 200 words) of which laboratory skills and practical experience you have acquired during your studies.
- In addition, please prepare a description of the topic of your research project and specify the duration of this project work (100 to 200 words). If possible, upload your bachelor thesis or a research project report.
- Non-native speakers need to provide evidence of proficiency in English (see language requirements).
- Send your documents and certified copies of your transcripts only to uni-assist.
- Uni-assist will assess all documents and certificates and then forward your application to the KLIPS student registration system of the University of Cologne for being assessed by a selection committee.
For more information please check theCourse Website