Biology in Society
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- students from All countries except for Germany: uni-assiststudents from Germany: directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in biology or a comparable specialist field(s). BSc-level knowledge in zoology, botany, including physiology, molecular biology, genetics, evolution, and statistics.
If at the time of application, proof of the first degree qualifying the applicant for a profession is not yet available, the application will be considered under the precondition that 80% of the credit points attainable for the degree have already been achieved based on completed module examinations or the final thesis and the colloquium (if applicable). A certification from the awarding institute of higher education (examination office) serves as proof of the above-mentioned academic achievements.
No minimum GPA.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
For the application via uni-assist: € 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
- Your online application - filled in and signed.
- Copy of the higher education entrance qualification (usually Abitur certificate); if available, certificate of the higher education entrance examination (copy of the original and the translation in either German or English).
- Officially certified copy of the original and officially certified translation (German or English) of the degree certificate of the required first university degree. If the first university degree is not yet available: Confirmation from the first university that at least 80% of the work required for the current university degree program has been completed, as well as information on the current average grade for degree programs with entry restrictions.
- Certificate of enrolment of the last semester studied, stating the semester of study.
- If you are not yet enrolled at TU Dresden, a certificate of your academic achievements from your previous university stating all courses of study including semesters.
- Copy of passport (for international applicants).
- Original certificate of the Academic Evaluation Centre of the German Embassy (APS) for Chinese and Vietnamese applicants.
Special degree-specific documents:
- A formal application to undergo aptitude testing in English.
- A letter of motivation to the degree course.
- Proof of English language skills (see language requirements). Proof should be provided using a relevant certificate or language certificate. This can take the form of a certificate of a general or subject-specific university entrance qualification with an advanced course completed in English, a certificate for a university entrance qualification completed entirely in English or a diploma for a university degree completed entirely in English.
- Module descriptions (or comparable content summaries) of completed coursework that may be considered prerequisites for participation in the modules "Biology and Human Society", "Science for Society", and "Economically Important Animals and Plants".
- A CV outlining your education history.
For more information please check theCourse Website