- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in biology or a related subject. The following subjects are not related to biology and are not qualified: biotechnology, molecular biology, microbiology, pharmacy, or medicine.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
If the bachelor certificate cannot be present by the application deadline, a transcript of records with a minimum of 150 credit points, showing the preliminary overall grade, has to be presented.
If the bachelor certificate cannot be presented by the registration deadline, a preliminary registration (matriculation) is possible. If the documents cannot be presented by the end of the first semester, an automated exmatriculation is initiated. For the continuation of the study, a new application is necessary with the required documents presented by the application deadline.
If the minimum overall grade of 2.5 is not achieved, an oral entrance examination (aptitude test) has to be passed.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least A.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please note: Following subjects are not related to "Biology" and are not qualified: Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Pharmacy, Medicine.
Before applying please download the application form, fill in No. 5.2. "Relevant expertise" and send it together with the transcript of records (list of courses) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. After approval you will be invited to send the following documents by e-mail to email@example.com:
- Application form: first download it then completely fill it in.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Proof of English language skills (see language requirements).
- Proof of German language skills (see language requirements).
- Bachelor Biology Certificate or related subject showing the final grade (certified copy translated in English or German), with an official explanation of the grading system, showing the maximum points and required minimum points for passing.
- Transcript of records, showing the credit points of every course of the study program (certified copy translated in English or German).
- Proof of completion of a written thesis (project or bachelor thesis); please do not send the whole thesis; proof of your supervisor or the abstract of the thesis is sufficient. If your study program did not include a written thesis, you may still be qualified, depending on your transcript of records and projects you may have done.
- Module catalog or any other document showing the contents of the courses (translated in English). Please send this document as a file by email (firstname.lastname@example.org); do not send the printed version per post. The module catalog has to be an official document in English. If the module catalog is in another language, please send the original document and a certified translation in English, which should be available from your university. Please contact email@example.com if your university does not provide a module catalog in English.
- In the transcript of records or the module catalog, practical courses should be clearly visible. Please send the module catalog as a file by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). It is no need to print it out and send it by post.
- Applications without a module catalog showing the contents of the courses cannot be considered. A list of courses with only the title of the courses and without the contents of the courses is not sufficient for reviewing the application.
- All documents have to be translated in English or German by a sworn translator (certified translation). Documents in another language will not be accepted.
- For the application, a simple copy of your documents (in its original language) and a simple copy of its translation in English or German are sufficient.
- Only when enrolling at university later, the original documents have to be presented. Without the original documents, enrollment is not possible.
- If the bachelor certificate and/or the proof of English language cannot be presented by the registration deadline , a preliminary registration (matriculation) is possible. If the documents cannot be presented by the end of the first semester, an automated exmatriculation is initiated. For continuation of the study, a new application is necessary with the required documents presented by the application deadline.
For more information please check theCourse Website