- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in physics, physics and management, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular medicine, biology, or biotechnology at any university in Germany or abroad or any other study program with essentially the same content.
Minimum number of semesters: 3 years.
Proof of basic competencies in the fields of mathematics, experimental physics, physical chemistry, and cell biology, Such competencies can be demonstrated through corresponding modules and courses from bachelor’s or equivalent studies. If such competencies cannot be demonstrated through bachelor’s or equivalent studies, successful completion of the preparatory course (Propädeutikum) for the English-taught master’s programs at Ulm University serves as proof.
A final grade of 2.5 or better; applicants with a final grade of 3,0 or better must prove their suitability in a selection interview.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Proof of a bachelor's degree in biophysics, physics, physics and management, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular medicine, biology or biotechnology or any other study program with essentially the same content awarded after completion of a minimum of three years of study with a final grade of 2.5 or better; applicants with a final grade of 3,0 or better must prove their suitability in a selection interview.
- Proof of basic competencies in the fields of mathematics and experimental physics.
- Letter of motivation max. 2 pages considering the following aspects:
- reasons for the interest in the master's program in Biophysics,
- reasons for the choice of Ulm University as the place of study,
- explanation of expectations for personal and professional future.
- Curriculum vitae, proof of work experience.
- Proof of an adequate command of English (see language requirements).
For more information please check theCourse Website