- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October (Only for the 4-semesters version)
- Summer Semester: April (Only for the 3-semesters version)
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the subject area, and at least 70 ECTS credits or 60 semester hours (SWS) of biological, biomedical, biochemical or biophysical subjects.
Required ECTS credits:
- 210 ECTS credits - 7 semesters (for the master's program with a regular duration of 3 semesters), or
- 180 ECTS credits - 6 semesters (for the master's program with a regular duration of 4 semesters).
Relevant bachelor programs are in particular Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology, and research-oriented Human or Veterinary Medicine (with focus on one of the previously mentioned subjects). Bachelor's (or other) degrees in other areas of Human or Veterinary Medicine and in Pharmacy are not accepted.
Degrees without a thesis or an equivalent publication are not accepted. Applicants have to submit the thesis/equivalent publication during the application process (if the thesis/equivalent publication is not in English or German, you have to submit the paper(s) in the original language and to add a meaningful summary in English or German).
Proof of practical laboratory work of at least 18 weeks (e.g. during the thesis).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Specification: At least C.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October (Only for the 4-semesters version))
(starting in April (Only for the 3-semesters version))
Application Procedure & Selection
€ 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
- Your fully completed and signed online application form (either BTU's Online Application Portal or uni-assist).
- A simple copy of a document proving the completion of a bachelor's or higher level degree including a transcripts of records/list of subjects taken (if the original is not in English or German, then you need a translation to English or German from a sworn translator).
- A simple copy of the higher education entrance qualification (a translation to English or German from a sworn translator is required if the original is not in English or German).
- A concise up-to-date curriculum vitae with details about your educational history, lab experience, research interests, etc.
- Thesis or equivalent publication (if the thesis/equivalent publication is not in English or German, you have to submit the paper(s) in the original language and to add a meaningful summary in English or German).
- A proof of practical laboratory work (of at least 18 weeks).
- A proof of English language skills (see language requirements).
- A simple copy of passport/official personal identification.
- A simple copy of a valid residence permit for Germany, if available.
- APS (Akademische Prüfstelle/Academic Verification Office) certificate for Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian applicants.
German language skills are not required for the application.
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website