British and North American Cultural Studies
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a course with a focus on philological or cultural studies.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents must be submitted for a proper application:
- The fully completed application for admission on the application form of the University of Freiburg.
- Certified copies of the transcript and the certificate of the completed university studies as well as a transcript of records showing the contents of the studies (if necessary, in an officially certified translation in case of a degree from a foreign university).
- If applicable, a proof of the language test for English (see language requirements).
- Two reports or letters of recommendation from academic teachers (in German or English or French).
- A "letter of motivation" (two to three pages in English) outlining the applicant's personal motivations for taking up the master's program.
- An essay of approximately 2,500 words in English on a topic of the applicant's choice, related to one of the topic that is related to one of the modules of the program "British and North American Cultural Studies", or a reading sample of comparable length in English, which is taken from a relevant, already completed academic paper (e.g. a seminar paper, the Bachelor's thesis, a publication or a conference contribution).
- A curriculum vitae of two to three pages (in English).
If the applicant has already completed his/her university studies by the application deadline of June 15, but cannot yet submit a certified copy of the transcript and certificate of the completed studies, it is sufficient for the application to submit a confirmation from the university that these studies have been completed and with what overall grade. In this case, the certified copy of the transcript and the certificate must be submitted to the University of Freiburg at the latest at the time of enrollment. If the applicant has not yet completed his/her university studies by the application deadline of June 15, he/she must prove that he/she has probably met the admission requirement (completion of studies with above-average success) by submitting a certificate of all achievements already made (including grades and ECTS information) and a confirmation of the grading of the final thesis or, alternatively, of the submission or at least the registration of the final thesis. In this case, admission is subject to the condition that the successful completion of studies is evidenced by a certified copy of the certificate and the certificate of completed studies at the latest at the time of enrollment. In addition, the confirmation of the admission committee that the studies were completed with above-average success must be submitted.
For more information please check theCourse Website