British Literary and Cultural Studies
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a program with components relevant/related to British studies.
Above-average first academic degree.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Your CV (including your name, address, email address, the exact titles + grades of your qualifications, and the full name of your university).
- A cover letter in English (approx. 2 pages) outlining your motivation for applying for an MA program as well as the relevance of this program for your professional and academic plans/goals.
- Application form for international students (only for international applicants).
- Please note: the MA programs are single-subject programs, thus it is not possible to combine two or more subjects.
- APS-certificate (all applicants from China, Vietnam, and Mongolia).
- Copy of your passport (only for international applicants).
- English-language certificate (see language requirements).
- B.A.-certificate or higher, or equivalent.
- Transcript of academic records, citing your attended courses and documenting your hitherto achieved credit points (at least 150 credit points ECTS) and your average grade.
- Secondary school-leaving certificate (high-school or equivalent).
- A sample of your own academic work (10-20 pages), written in English.
- Any other relevant certificates.
- Documentation of stays abroad that are relevant to your studies.
- Documentation of academic and extra-curricular activities such as internships, projects, etc. that are relevant to your studies.
- Should you wish to apply for two-degree programs (1st and 2nd choice), please make sure to supply two copies of your complete application documents in two separate PDF files.
- All documents must be in either English or German. Simple copies of certificates and certified translations are sufficient for the application. However, all original documents must be shown at the Registrar's Office for enrolment.
- Recommendation letters are not required.
- There will be no entrance exams or interviews.
Please send your application by email to Application.MasterDEAS@ur.de and attach your documents as one PDF file.
For more information please check theCourse Website