- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent). Open to all degrees.
For more information regarding the admission requirements and the application checklist, please click here.
Applicants should have a good first university degree.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Any grade.
Specification: With Grade A or B.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Your application must also include the following documents in the order in which they are listed below.
- A detailed CV (in English).
- A statement of motivation explaining why you would like to join this course; some 500 words are usually sufficient (in English).
- A certified copy of your secondary school leaving certificate which qualifies for university studies (e.g. A-Levels certificate, Abiturzeugnis, Baccalaureat, High School Diploma) including a breakdown of subjects and grades – together with a certified English translation, unless the original is in English, German, or French.
- A certified copy of your university degree certificate, including your final overall grade as well as a breakdown of subjects and grades – together with a certified English translation, unless the original is in English, German, or French. If you have yet to receive this, we will require written confirmation of your expected final grade from your university. If neither the provision of a final, overall grade nor the prediction of such a grade is possible, we need written confirmation from your university of this fact.
- An APS original, if you earned your university degree from a university in China, Mongolia or Vietnam.
- A certified copy of grade transcripts of your university studies – together with a certified English translation, unless the original is in English, German, or French (as above).
- Proof of your proficiency in the English language through ETS TOEFL, IELTS, CPE or CAE scores in original or in certified copy (in the case of IELTS and TOEFL a simple copy will suffice), to be sent directly to the Centre for British Studies, Mohrenstr. 60, 10117 Berlin (not the general postal address of Humboldt University); this does not apply to native speakers.
Important: If you are presently in your final year at university and have not yet received your degree document you can nevertheless apply, provided you will have completed your present course before October. Please attach a confirmation of your university and a list of the subjects you have studied so far, including exam results, along with your predicted final grade.
Additionally, you may, but need not supply one to three references, e.g. from university teachers or employers. We are aware that such references may be more difficult to obtain in some countries.
Please send your complete application including the language test to:
IMPORTANT: Do not submit irreplaceable original documents, but send us certified copies.
Please note: a simple copy of a certified copy is not itself a certified copy. The certified copy has to include an original official stamp and signature (public authority or notary) on it.
For more information please check theCourse Website