- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in chemistry or a related subject with clear links to chemistry.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
If you completed your university degree in a country that did not sign the Lisbon Treaty (ETS No. 165), you will need to provide documentation of a GRE test with at least a combined average score of 150 points (verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning score). See the chart of signatures and ratifications of Treaty 165 for more information. In justified exceptional cases, the GRE test may be replaced by an interview. The Standing Examination Board Chemistry decides on exceptional cases.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
To submit your online application you are required to upload the following supporting documents as PDF-files:
- Documentation of your academic degree in chemistry or a closely related field with a clear tie to chemistry including details on course work (including course hours per week) and ECTS-credits. If you have not received your degree certificate by the end of the application deadline, please attach documentation of all your examination results so far.
- Documentation of advanced skills in English (see language requirements).
- If you completed your university degree in a country that did not sign the Lisbon Treaty (ETS No. 165), you will need to provide documentation of a GRE test with at least a combined average score of 150 points (verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning score). See the chart of signatures and ratifications of Treaty 165 for more information.
- Current certificate of enrolment or proof of exmatriculation (if you have studied at a German university, please indicate your 'Fachsemester’ and ‘Hochschulsemester’).
- If your documents are not available in German or English, you will need to have them translated. Please submit a German or English translation of your documents along with the original versions.
- Applicants from China, India, and Vietnam: APS certificate (original) issued by the German Embassy of your home country.
For more information please check theCourse Website