- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in physics or physics and management or in a subject-related or subject-specific degree program with examination.
Minimum number of semesters: 6 semesters.
A study program in chemistry requires that the degree encompasses examinations from the following areas:
- Examination achievements in the chemistry modules amounting to not less than 85 ECTS credits.
- Examination achievements in chemistry labs amounting to not less than 25 ECTS credits.
- The ability to conduct independent scientific work, demonstrated in particular by a thesis or comparable achievement to the extent of 10 ECTS crеdits.
A final grade of an academic degree 3.0 or better, or if the degree has not yet been completed, examination results weighted according to credit points, showing an average grade of 3.0 or better by the application deadline. The examination results must be documented in a current transcript of recοrds.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
When submitting your application via "My personal campus portal", you must upload the following documents:
- Bachelor's degree diploma (certificate) with the final grade as well as an overview of subjects and grades/transcript of records with credit points/Diploma Supplement (if available).
- If you have not yet completed your higher education degree: an overview of subjects and grades/transcript of records issued by the higher education institution with the total credit points earned up to the application deadline and an indication of the provisional average grade.
- Form for the subject-specific additional information (pdf).
- Proof of English language proficiency (see language requirements).
- In the case of a higher education degree from China, India, or Vietnam: APS certificate or APS confirmation.
- Certificates and comparable documents demonstrating the previous career (CV/CurriculumVitae), not more than two pages, as well as proof of vocational training and/or practical work and any previous studies allowing conclusions about aptitude for this program.
- Proof of vocational training and/or practical activities as well as previous studies that can provide specific information about the aptitude for the degree program.
- Letter of motivation: a written report of not more than one page (in German or English) in which the personal and subject-related reasons for applying for the chosen study program are stated and in which the choice of program is explained.
- In the case of a foreign higher education degree: the grading scale of the degree program with the indication of the lowest passing grade and maximum grade for the degree, to be shown on the bachelor's degree diploma/bachelor's degree certificate or on an official document of the higher education institution.
- If proof and documents to be submitted are not written in German or English, additionally, an official translation into German or English is required.
- For applicants who do not come from an EU country or the European Economic Area and have a German higher education entrance qualification (“Abitur”): proof of higher education entrance qualification.
- Proof does not need authentication.
- Applications with missing details or documents will be rejected.
- Ulm University does not accept applications and supporting documents sent on paper.
- Candidates who reapply must resubmit the complete documentation; it is not possible to refer to documents on file at Ulm University.
- If you are unable to apply to Ulm University and carry out the application procedure yourself, it is possible to give someone the power of attorney to apply and provide information.
- Valid forms of authorization:
- notarized letter of authority,
- power of attorney,
- letter of authority (pdf) - download the template in РDF fοrmat.
For more information please check theCourse Website