Communication & Information Technology
- Summer semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in electrical engineering or closely related field. The latter means that the majority of the subjects you took in your studies should be related to electrics, fields and waves, electronics, communication, information and automation engineering, and technology. In addition, German students with an FH Diploma can be admitted.
Working experience is not compulsorily required; however, it may enhance your ranking in the admission process if the topic of your work is closely related to your studies.
In general, you should have taken the following basic subjects to be eligible:
- Mathematics, in particular calculus and vector analysis.
- System theory.
- Digital signal processing.
- Electromagnetism/fields and waves (CIT only).
Note that the subjects might be termed in a different way in your certificate, however, the content should match the subjects given above.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Keep the following documents ready as PDF files, you will have to upload them during the application process:
- Scan of bachelor certificate/provisional certificate. If you do not have the bachelor certificate/provisional certificate yet, you can get a letter from the administration of your university stating that all exams necessary to obtain your degree have been cleared.
- Scan of the final transcript.
- Scan of English language certificate (if applicable). See language requirements.
- Curriculum vitae - there are no requirements for a particular format (e.g., Europass), however, it should be well-structured.
- Letter of motivation (one page).
For the online application, the documents do not need to be notarized. In case of admission, you will be asked to hand in notarized copies by postal mail. Recommendation letters or a GRE test are not required and will not enhance the ranking of your application.
Before uploading the scanned files, view them yourself to make sure they are readable. Also, make sure that you upload all the required files. Applications that are unreadable or incomplete will be rejected.
Please do not send postal mail or e-mails in order to apply, these mails/emails will be ignored. The online application is the only valid way to apply.
For more information please check theCourse Website