Communication and Information Technology
- Summer semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in electrical engineering, electronics, computer engineering, mathematics, physics, or a closely related field.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The full application will have to include the following:
- Fully completed and signed application form (the one already required for the pre-application).
- English language certificate (see language requirements). Note: All applicants must submit IELTS or TOEFL scores (irrespective of whether the medium of instruction at high school/university was English or not!). There are no exceptions.
- Curriculum vitae (already required in the pre-application).
- Personal statement of objectives (already required in the pre-application).
- Two letters of reference issued by members of the university. The university does not provide a specific format but prefers a personal statement. Applicant's university letterhead or a similar format is recommended. If previous studies were completed more than two years before the application, one letter may be from the current employer.
- Photocopies of all official certificates and transcripts - including proof of grading system(s) (plus maximum and minimum passing grade) applied in your bachelor's degree.
- Photocopies of English or German translations of all official certificates and transcripts (including proof of grading system(s) (plus maximum and minimum passing grade) applied in your bachelor's degree), in case the language of the certificates is neither English nor German.
- Passport photo, for official use only (already required in the pre-application).
- If applying from China or Vietnam: Original APS-certificate from the "Akademische Prüfstelle" at the German Embassy.
Please note that the university only accepts applications using the "Communications Technology"-specific application form. Applications in any other format or those which have not been pre-evaluated will be summarily rejected. Full applications have to be posted by postal mail to the following address:
Faculty of Engineering, Computer Science and Psychology
E-mail attachments are not acceptable.
After evaluation of your documents, and upon positive decision on your application, the University of Ulm will send you a letter of admission (Zulassung).
For more information please check theCourse Website