Communication and Information Technology
- Start Dates
- Summer Semester: March
- Summer semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in electrical engineering, electronics, computer engineering, mathematics, physics, or a closely related field.
Minimum standard period of study: 4 years.
Particular subject-specific aptitude demonstrated through relevant academic performance (individual results and semesters completed) in the following or related subjects:
- Mathematics (minimum of 3 semesters in total).
- Signals and systems and fundamentals of telecommunications.
- Electromagnetic fields and waves.
- Fundamental electronics.
- Practical computer science (minimum of 2 semesters in total).
If applicable, also practical work experience.
Above-average performance in the completed degree.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in March)
Application Procedure & Selection
The application process consists of two parts - a pre-application phase for all applicants, followed by a full application for selected pre-applicants. A first assessment of your qualification will be given after you enter all the required information in the pre-application form. As a second step, after Ulm University receives your full application, they check whether your qualification is suitable for successfully attending "Communication and Information Technology".
Please read the information on this page carefully for application requirements and prerequisites. If you are in doubt - just fill in the pre-application form. If you have any questions concerning the program, please feel free to contact us by email.
Ulm University can check your chances of admission into the program only after receiving the completed pre-application form.
The full application will have to include the following:
- Fully completed and signed application form (the one already required for the pre-application).
- English language proficiency (see language requirements). Note: All applicants must submit IELTS or TOEFL scores (irrespective of whether the medium of instruction at high school/university was English or not!). There are no exceptions.
- Curriculum vitae (already required in the pre-application).
- Personal statement of objectives (already required in the pre-application).
- Two letters of reference issued by members of the university. Ulm University does not provide a specific format but prefers a personal statement. The applicant's university letterhead or a similar format is recommended. If previous studies were completed more than two years before the application, one letter may be from the current employer.
- Photocopies of all official certificates and transcripts - including proof of grading system(s) (plus maximum and minimum passing grade) applied in your bachelor's degree.
- Photocopies of English or German translations of all official certificates and transcripts (including proof of grading system(s) (plus maximum and minimum passing grade) applied in your bachelor's degree), in case the language of the certificates is neither English nor German.
- Passport photo, for official use only (already required in the pre-application).
- If applying from China or Vietnam: Original APS certificate from the "Akademische Prüfstelle" at the German Embassy.
Please note that Ulm University only accepts applications using the "Communication and Information Technology"-specific application form. Applications in any other format or those which have not been pre-evaluated will be summarily rejected.
After evaluation of your documents, and upon a positive decision on your application, the University of Ulm will send you a letter of admission (Zulassung).
For more information please check theCourse Website