Comparative Dramaturgy and Performance Research
- Winter semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in:
- Theater, film and media studies (TFM) from the Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, or
- Theater studies or another academic subject (especially philology, art and music studies, philosophy) with a standard period of study of at least six semesters, or
- An equivalent degree from a German university in the same or related subject area with a standard period of study of at least six semesters, or
- An equivalent foreign degree in the same or related subject area with a standard period of study of at least six semesters, or
- Another qualification certified as equivalent by the home university.
In the cases of points 2, 3, and 4, admission may be granted subject to the condition that additional study and module examinations are taken up to the equivalence of a maximum of 60 CP with the bachelor's course of the study mentioned under point 1.
Must provide evidence of practical experience in the professional field of dramaturgy, generally lasting at least two months. Proof of this experience, which provides information on the time and scope of the work and activities, must be enclosed with the application documents.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
The university will announce in advance which method is actually used.
- Certified copy of the university degree certificate.
- Curriculum vitae with an academic background.
- Letter of motivation, which explains why the applicant now intends to study Comparative Dramaturgy and Performance Research.
- Indication of the first and second wishes of the partner universities (if available/non-binding).
- Proof of interest in dramaturgical practice (e.g. by documenting previous artistic or theoretical work) and/or scenic research.
- Communicate an artistic work that has deeply impressed you on two printed pages (3600 characters including spaces) to a circle of readers whose interest you want to arouse.
- Proof of the required language skills (see language requirements).
If your bachelor's degree is not completed yet, you can still apply with a transcript of records. This must have a preliminary average grade and prove that at least 80% of the total credit points of your degree program have been achieved for the application. The transcript of records must either be stamped by a grading authority or be verifiable online. Proof that the bachelor's degree will be completed by the end of the first master's semester is needed. This certificate must also be issued by a grading authority. With these documents - if a study place is offered - provisional enrollment is possible. The bachelor's certificate must then be presented to the Study Service Center within the first semester at Goethe University.
Since the international partner universities are involved in the selection, the applicants are asked to submit their documents in English.
For more information please check theCourse Website