Comparative Dramaturgy and Performance Resеarсh
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in:
- Theater, film and media studies (TFM) from the Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, or
- Theater studies or another academic subject (especially philology, art and music studies, philosophy), or
- An equivalent degree from a German university in the same or related subject area, or
- An equivalent foreign degree in the same or related subject area, or
- Another qualification certified as equivalent by the home university.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
In the cases of points 2, 3, and 4, admission may be granted subject to the condition that additional study and module examinations are taken up to the equivalence of a maximum of 60 CP with the bachelor's course of the study mentioned under pοint 1.
At least two months practical experience in the field of dramaturgy or the perfοrming arts.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Level C1.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
The application documents must not be submitted via the “uni-assist” portal, but in writing by post and by e-mail (please send a single PDF file). The application needs to be submitted in English (certificates originally in German will be accepted):
- Certified copy of the applicant’s degree from an institute of higher education.
- Curriculum vitae including details of education and academic pursuits.
- Letter of motivation that states the reasons for the applicant’s intention to begin studying “Comparative Dramaturgy and Performance Research”.
- A list of the two favored Partner Universities (not binding).
- Proof of the applicant’s interest in dramaturgical practice (e.g. documentation of the applicant’s artistic and theoretical work to date) and/or performance research.
- Analyse and mediate an artistic work that impressed you deeply, with the aim of awakening the interest of a specific group of readers (on two printed pages, 3600 characters including spaces).
- Language certificates (see language requirements).
- APS certificate for applicants from India, Vietnam, and PR of China (οriginal).
For more information please check theCourse Website