Comparative Studies in English and American Language, Literature and Culture
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- students from Non-EU Countries: directly at the University (incl. VPD from uni-assist)students from All other options: directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or an equivalent). You should preferably have studied English or American Studies as a major subject, or at least have qualifications in subjects related to the program.
English majors must have taken 180 ECTS CP (European Credit Transfer System), English minors must have taken at least 54 ECTS CP. English language practice, English and/or American literary studies and/or linguistics must have comprised at least ¼ of your studies.
You must have written at least one substantial academic research paper (10-15 pages) in English on English/American literature or linguistics.
A final grade of 2.5 (German standard) or better.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
For the application via uni-assist: € 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
All the documents you need in order to apply are:
- A scan of your bachelor's diploma indicating the final grade.
- Academic writing sample (research paper/essay/BA thesis) on English or American literature and/or linguistics.
- A scan of your Transcript of Records, translated to English if necessary. In this case, you can have your transcript translated at your university or at a certified translator. Please do not forget to have the document stamped, sealed, and signed.
- Motivation statement, indicating your intended study focus in either literary or cultural studies or linguistics.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Prospective students from the People’s Republic of China, Vietnam, and India must upload the certificate issued by the Academic Evaluation Centre (Akademische Prüfstelle – APS).
For more information please check theCourse Website