- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in the field of civil engineering, mechanical engineering or a related engineering field.
Compared to the German rating system (according to which 1.0 is the best and 4.0 is the lowest grade), you should have an average of at least 2.5. All foreign grades will be evaluated according to this system. In order to give you an idea what your chances are to be admitted to the program the following rules of thumb can be applied:
- In GPA-ratings (maximum grade 4.0, minimum grade to pass 2.0) you need at least an average of 3.3.
- In percentage-ratings (100% maximum, minimum grade to pass 40%), you need at least 75%.
- If your degree includes ratings like "first division", "first division with distinction" etc, you should have at least earned one of the two best ratings.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Upload the following required application documents to complete your online application:
- Curriculum vitae.
- Qualifying academic degree certificates: if you have not finished your qualifying bachelor’s (or comparable) degree yet, please apply with your current transcript of records and estimate the end of your study.
- Transcript of records: if no information about your local grading system is included on your transcript of records, please provide additional information.
- Proof of English language skills (see language requirements).
- High School Diploma: as proof of your secondary school leaving certificate and your entrance qualification for your first academic degree. If available, please also include your pre-university certificate.
- Students from China: APS document.
- Optional: a personal statement describing your motivation to apply for the program.
- Optional: letter(s) of recommendation.
- Optional: other reference letters (e.g. from previous employers).
- Optional: any further information that might be relevant.
Please upload scanned copies of all your original documents. If the original documents are not in English or German, you have to add additional certified translations of your documents. A certified translation is a translation by a sworn translator.
All documents must be uploaded in one pdf-file in the order described above and with a maximum size of 10 MB. Please note that any paper-based application documents are not accepted and that applications submitted by e-mail are not processed, as well as un-assessable applications.
For more information please check theCourse Website