- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a subject with at least 50% in computational linguistics. In cases of a joint degree in two or more subjects, computational linguistics has to account for at least 50% of the degree program.
If your degree has not been finalized yet, your application can be processed if you provide a statement by your university that details your completed courses and marks and confirms that you are expected to finish your degree by the start of the master's program.
You must have achieved a mark of 2,0 (German universities) or the ECTS Grade B "Very good" or better.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
You need to submit the following documents:
- Notarized copy of the university entrance qualification
- Copy of a bachelor's degree (see the previous degree field).
- Transcript of records of the bachelor's degree.
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of English (see language requirements).
- CV (2-3 A4 pages, in German or English).
- Letter of motivation (German or English), in which you detail why you apply for the program (2-3 pages).
- Affirmation that you wrote the letter of motivation yourself without help and that all sources are referenced.
- A summary of your bachelor thesis (main hypothesis, research questions, and results) of at least 1 A4 page.
- A signed affirmation whether you have lost the right to examination in a master's degree in Computational Linguistics (or equivalent) in a German or international university or whether you are currently in examination in such a program.
For more information please check theCourse Website