- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in mathematics or a closely related degree with a mathematics component of at least 110 ECTS credits.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
If you cannot provide your final bachelor's (or equivalent) certificate and transcript but are in the final semester of your degree program at the time of application, you may include the transcripts thus far available reflecting the courses previously taken as well as all results and current marks/grades. You will then be considered for a conditional offer, in which case you would have to present your degree certificate and final transcript at enrolment or within 10 weeks after the first day of lectures. This will be approved only if you have already completed all coursework and assessments for your first degree at the beginning of the degree program at the University of Passau and have submitted a (preliminary) transcript showing an average (preliminary) grade of 2.7 or the equivalent foreign grade.
The final grade for your first degree must be 2.7 or better under the German marking system, or the relevant equivalent final grade in a foreign marking system.
If your final grade is not 2.7 (or the equivalent foreign grade) or better, you may still apply if you can prove that you ranked among the best 70% of graduates within your particular degree program in the academic year in which your final certificate was issued (i.e. your cohort). In that case you should provide an official certificate from your university registrar specifying the total number of graduates of your cohort as well as, importantly, the rank number/percentile you attained on the basis of your final grade.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Your application documents should comprise:
- A chronological curriculum vitae.
- A photocopy of the identity page of your passport; EU citizens may send a copy of their national identity card instead. Please blackout any sensitive information, such as the card numbers, etc., but make sure your name and date of birth are clearly legible.
- A certified copy of your first (undergraduate) degree certificate and final transcript/student record showing marks/grades/results.
- Please ensure that your degree matches the academic requirements detailed in the program description.
- If this is written in a language other than German or English you will additionally need to enclose certified translations of these documents.
- Candidates who are currently in their final year of study but have not yet completed their degree program, and therefore cannot provide final certificates, may submit an academic transcript showing the average grade/marks thus far achieved.
- An English -or German- language abstract/summary of your undergraduate dissertation/bachelor's thesis/final year project. If you did not write a dissertation/thesis as a formal part of your prior degree program, you may instead submit an academic research paper or publication that demonstrates your ability to solve a scientific research problem independently.
- It is highly recommended that you provide a hyperlink permitting access to an electronic version of your entire original-language undergraduate dissertation/bachelor's thesis/final year project report in the relevant online application form field in the uni-assist applicant portal.
- A certified copy of your university entrance qualification, accompanied by certified translations unless it was originally issued in English or German.
- Generally, this will be your secondary school-leaving certificate. Examples of university entrance qualifications are Abitur, (advanced) highers, Baccalauréat, European Baccalaureate, GCE A-Levels, high school diploma, International Baccalaureate, leaving certificate, Matura, Maturità, Maturitńa Skúška, Senior certificate, Senior secondary certificate of education (please note that this list is not exhaustive).
- Proof of English and German language skills (see language requirements).
Send your application documents by post or courier service to:
University of Passau
c/o Uni-assist e.V.
For more information please check theCourse Website