Computational Modelling and Simulation
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science, mathematics, natural sciences, economics or engineering.
- Proficiency in computer programming in (at least one) sequential programming language.
- Calculus of functions in one and multiple variables (partial derivatives, integrals, etc).
- Basics of linear algebra (matrix and vector operations, matrix inversion, decomposition).
- Basics of probability (distributions, elementary probabilities, axioms).
- Basics of physics (classical mechanics, basic electromagnetism, optics).
- Basics of biology (components of a cell, theory of evolution, ecosystems).
- Basics of chemistry (atoms, periodic table, organic molecules (proteins, DNA, etc).
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Applicants with a non-German degree must apply via uni-assist and submit the following documents:
- Printed and signed application form for assessment of aptitude and admission.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Motivation letter.
- Copy of passport or identity card.
- Higher secondary school certificate/intermediate examination certificate.
- Reports on university examinations (transcripts) and final graduation documents. If the first university degree is not yet finished, the applicant must submit a certificate in English/German language issued by the home university (with original signature or authenticated copy) regarding the estimated end of studies and confirmation that at least 80% of the bachelor's degree program has been completed, incl. the current average grade (for a 4-year degree: 7 completed semesters/for a 3-year degree: 5 completed semesters).
- English language certificate (see language requirements).
- Chinese, Mongolian and Vietnamese students only must submit the original APS certificate.
All certificates and degree documents must be submitted as originally authenticated copies. The officially authenticated translation (German or English) must be attached.
For more information please check theCourse Website