Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Freie Universität Berlin
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October 1st
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) typically in the natural sciences, in an engineering discipline, or in mathematics.
Also, the applicant must have sufficient mathematical knowledge (i.e. at least 24 credit points according to the ECTS) particularly in linear algebra (at least 6 credit points), analysis/calculus [including dynamical systems] (at least 6 credit points), probability theory and statistics (at least 6 credit points).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With grade of at least C.
Specification: With at least 180 in speaking and 175 in writing.
Specification: With at least 450 in listening and 430 in reading.
Specification: With grade of at least 3.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October 1st)
Application Procedure & Selection
free of charge
The application should include the following:
- All documents requested by the Technische Universität Berlin. Note that due to the early deadline, applicants do not have to supply a certificate of their finished degree, if this has not been issued yet; an up-to-date transcript of records is required in any case.
- A letter of motivation describing why you want to study computational neuroscience at the BCCN Berlin, and how this ties in with your interests and the general goals you pursue(d) in your education.
- A tabular CV listing the activities and experiences relevant for the studies.
- Two letters of recommendation by your supervisors or lecturers; your referees can also e-mail their letters directly to the university, with the subject line "Reference for MSc applicant <your name>". The letters must include the official letterhead and be signed by the referee.
- Documentation of sufficient mathematical knowledge (see previous degree field).
- Certificate of proficiency in English (see language requirements).
- Besides applying online, you are required to send hard copies of your certificates and a signed original application form. All required documents must reach Uni-Assist until March 15. Online applications only cannot be accepted. All copies have to be certified according to the Technische Universität Berlin guidelines. All documents that are not in German or English have to be translated by an officially approved translator.
- Students may apply before receiving their bachelor's degree. However, candidates should submit an official transcript from their university listing completed subjects and achieved credit points (or academic hours). Applicants who cannot provide proof of a first degree qualifying for entry into a profession by the application deadline will be preliminarily admitted. This preliminary admission will be subject to the condition subsequent that the applicant will prove the successful completion of the first degree until the start of lectures.
For more information please check theCourse Website