- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Required ECTS credits: 180.
The degree can be in one of the following subjects:
- in either computer science, mathematics, or data science; academic degrees in related fields may be recognized provided their content and objectives are comparable; or
- in business informatics, as long as the applicant has completed computer science modules comprising at least 60 credit points and mathematics modules comprising at least 18 credit points; or
- in a natural science, as long as the applicant has completed mathematics modules comprising at least 27 credit points and at least one module in computer science comprising 6 credit points.
Competences that correspond to the two bridge modules. This evidence is typically provided through successful participation in a total of 12 credit points of coursework in the bachelor’s degrees mentioned above. For applicants who do not meet these requirements, the Examining Board can specify in the letter of admission that the student must complete a maximum of two bridge modules as 2 mandatory modules totaling 6 credit points (a maximum of 12 credit points). If the applicant would require compensatory study comprising more than 6 credit points each in mathematics and computer science to reach the necessary knowledge level in the subjects specified above, the admission requirements are not satisfied.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Specification: At least 6.5 in each field.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Completed and signed admissions application. The admission application is the document that is compiled as a result of your online application on uni-assist.
- Simple copy (i.e. uncertified) of the German- or English-language graduation certificate from your first degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Diplom, Magister).
If your graduation or preliminary certificate is in a language other than German or English, then you must submit a German or English translation certified by a sworn translator, along with a simple copy of this document.
If documentation of your first professional qualification is not yet available by the admission application deadline, you can still apply for admission. You must have (with a transcript of records, uncertified will suffice):
- At least 140 CP in a bachelor's degree with a total requirement of 180 CP.
- At least 170 CP in a bachelor's degree with a total requirement of 210 CP.
- At least 200 CP in a bachelor's degree with a total requirement of 240 CP.
- Diploma Supplement: a simple copy (i.e. uncertified) of the diploma supplement or other relevant documentation from your university regarding all coursework completed for your first professional degree. You may also submit the module manual or the study and examination regulations of your degree program to evidence your qualification. If this coursework was completed at an institution of higher education other than the University of Potsdam, then this proof must include information regarding the credit points, form, content, and the examination modalities.
- If applicable, a placement notification for the first semester.
- English language knowledge (see language requirements).
- A statement of purpose (maximum two pages).
- Current or last certificate of university enrollment, or a copy of an exmatriculation certificate from a German institution of higher education, if you were enrolled in a program after acquiring the degree on which your application for the master's program is based.
- Documentation of citizenship (e.g., a copy of your passport).
- A written application for immediate admission in the context of the hardship quota (hardship application) and documentation required to substantiate such an application, if applicable.
- Documentation of an earlier offer of admission or proof of period of service, if applicable.
- Documentation of qualification for the Brandenburg quota (Profilquota), if applicable.
- A written application to upgrade your waiting period, as well as documentation required to substantiate such an application, if applicable.
- A written application to improve your average grade, as well as documentation required to substantiate such an application, if applicable.
- Documentation regarding ongoing or completed asylum proceedings, if applicable.
For more information please check theCourse Website