Development Economics and International Studies
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in economics or a related field. Applicants should have 70 ECTS in economics/business administration, including at least basic knowledge of (a minimum of 5 ECTS each in) microeconomics, macroeconomics, and statistics/econometrics.
Note: It is possible to complete up to 20 ECTS of the qualification requirements during the MA DEIS program. Students admitted to the program will need to earn the missing ECTS during their first year of studies. Missing courses can be completed at FAU. If you have earned less than 70 ECTS in economics/business administration, please provide information in your letter of application about the courses you have taken and the total ECTS you have earned so far.
Grade point average of 2.5 or better (in the German marking system) in the undergraduate program.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Minimum of 6.0 in each section.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Qualified bachelor's degree (see the previous degree field).
- Grade point average of 2.5 or better.
- English language proof (see language requirements).
- A letter of application in English, no more than two pages in length, in which you explain why you are qualified for admission to the degree program.
Note: If you have earned less than 70 ECTS in economics/business administration, please provide information in your letter of application about the courses you have taken and the total ECTS you have earned so far.
- If available: proof of qualified practical experience in the field of development economics as well as a description of the practical experience written in English by the applicant (description of tasks and responsibilities), one page in length.
You have to submit the application form created by the application portal and all necessary documents as a hard copy to the Master Office; all documents must have reached the Master Office at the latest by the end of the application deadline.
University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
Referat L 4 – Masterbüro
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website