- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a social science, i.e. economics, anthropology, demography, empirical social or human geography, sociology, political science, administrative science, or any other equivalent degree with a minimum of 60 ECTS credits in one or several of these disciplines.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Any past achievements and qualifications gained in 'Wirtschaftswissenschaften' (combined business and economics programs) must be derived specifically from economics ('Volkswirtschaftslehre') modules.
Out of the 60 ECTS, credits referenced above, 10 ECTS credits (or a minimum of 300 hours of coursework) must come from empirical research methods, such as data collection, data analysis, mathematics, and/or statistics. A general course in research methods is not enough and does not count in this case.
If you are unable to provide your degree and examination certificate for your first degree at the time of application, e.g. because it has not been issued yet, you may send a preliminary academic record/transcript (of records) instead. This should show the courses and assessments completed as well as the marks/grades/results achieved and comply with the above requirement regarding the final grade. If you apply using your preliminary transcript instead of the final certificates, you will be offered a place on condition that you submit your final certificates to the Student Registration Office by no later than the 10th week of lectures in the first semester of your degree program at the University of Passau.
The final grade for your undergraduate degree should be equivalent to 2.5 or better according to the German marking scale or ranked among the best 50% of your cohort.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Your application documents should comprise:
- A copy of the identity page of your passport; EU citizens may send a copy of their national identity card instead. Please blackout any sensitive information, such as the card numbers, etc., but make sure your name, nationality, and date of birth are clearly legible.
- A certified copy of your relevant first-degree certificate and transcripts showing your marks/grades/results; if this is written in a language other than English or German you will additionally need to enclose certified English or German translations of these documents. Check the requirements in the previous degree and GPA fields.
- A certified copy of your university entrance qualification, together with a certified English or German translation, if needed.
- A certified copy of an English and German language certificate (see language requirements).
- A chronological CV.
For more information please check theCourse Website