Developmental, Neural, and Behavioural Biology
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the biology course or in a closely related subject.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Provisional access is granted to those who have not yet completed their studies at the time of application, but who have earned at least 150 credits in a bachelor's degree program or an equivalent degree program relevant.
The prerequisite for the subject-specific relevance of the preparatory course is proof of at least achievements from the natural sciences totaling at least 125 credit points, including achievements in the field of biology, neuroscience and cognitive science amounting to at least 75 credits as well as achievements totaling at least 30 credit points in the fields of chemistry, mathematics, physics and computer science.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Specification: At least C.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents must be enclosed with the application for authorization, which must be signed by hand:
- The applicant's diploma in the form of certified copies or certified German or English translations if the originals are not in English or German; if a certificate of completion is not yet available, a certificate of achievement, credits, and average grade must be submitted.
- A tabular curriculum vitae in German or English with a meaningful description of the educational path.
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of the German and English language (see language requirements).
- A statement as to whether the applicant has successfully, unsuccessfully, or not yet completed a closely related master's degree.
- A written description showing the motivation of the applicant for the inclusion of this course/the research interest.
- If applicable, proof of special knowledge that is conducive to the successful completion of this course of study, taking into account the desired major.
- An explanation of which field of study the applicant intends to pursue based on his or her previous training.
Applications that are not received in full, in due form, or on time are excluded from the further procedure. The submitted documents remain with the university.
If a student makes it believable that he or she is at a disadvantage compared to other applicants due to a disability as a result of the selection process, appropriate compensation for disadvantages must be granted by the selection committee upon application.
For more information please check theCourse Website