Digital and Computational Archaeology
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University (incl. VPD from uni-assist)
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in archeology or an archaeological sub-discipline, such as prehistoric archaeology, classical archaeology, ancient west Asian studies, archaeology of Roman provinces, Egyptology or similar.
Bachelor graduates of neighboring subjects may also be admitted after case-by-case-review, if at least 60 CP have been obtained in an archaeological sub-discipline during the BA studies. A decision upon the admission of students will be made by the Admissions Committee.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: 490 (listening), 455 (reading), 200 (writing), 200 (speaking).
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The admission committee requires the certified copies of the following documents in order to be able to verify your application:
- School leaving certificate (or equivalent university entrance qualification).
- Transcript of records (presentation of the course of studies) in ECTS credits/credit points (CP). The transcript should be certified or contain a verification code for applicants with national and international certificates. If the previous study program has not yet been completed at the time of application, at least 80% (usually 144 LP) of all achievements must have been proven.
- Internal students who are thus completing or have completed their bachelor's degree at the University of Cologne must also upload the transcript, but it does not have to be certified.
- Students with an international degree: submission of the VPD issued by uni-assist. Also, the documents must be uploaded in original language and in certified translation (for documents that are not in German or English).
- Proof of English language skills (see language requirements).
To check whether your English certificate fullfills the admission requirements please contact the Master's Admissions Office of the university for consultation.
For more information please check theCourse Website