- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalet) in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Science and Media, and other technical-scientific degree programs from the areas of engineering or computer science.
The examination committee decides on the equivalence of degrees and exceptions and may also state additional requirements to be met by the student.
An overall final grade of at least 2.3.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: C1 for admission to the Master's thesis.
Specification: CAE for admission to the Master's thesis.
Specification: At least 6.0 in each individual band. An overall grade of 7.0 is required for admission to the Master's thesis.
Specification: 94 for admission to the Master's thesis.
Specification: Only required for admission to the Master's thesis.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Bachelor's degree (see previous degree field).
- If the first degree does not involve a final scientific thesis, the candidate has to submit another piece of a scientific report authored by him/her.
- Proof of English language proficiency at the B2 level as put forth by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (see language requirements).
- The candidate must submit a one-page letter of motivation in English. The letter of motivation must include an overview of the previous academic and vocational/practical training, such as completed projects related to construction informatics and/or internships, international experience during the first-degree program, student activities, and/or academic work. Documentation of all activities is to be provided. The letter of motivation must also detail the personal future (research) perspectives about the main areas of study.
- If the selection committee is not able to reach a unique consensus based on the available documents, an interview may be conducted to reveal the candidate's competences.
- The selection of the applicants is conducted by a selection committee, which comprises two professors, one of each is either from Civil Engineering or Computer Science, of the degree program "Digital Engineering". The selection committee establishes which applicants meet the necessary requirements (sections 1-5) and determines which modules from the thematic area "Fundamentals" are to be completed individually in order to achieve the adaptation of qualifications.
For more information please check theCourse Website