- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a subject relevant to the master’s program.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
The degree can be:
- in the area of information technology, e.g. IT systems engineering, computer science, bioinformatics, e-Health or telemedicine, together with basic knowledge comparable to the bridge modules “Introduction to principles in medicine” and “Fundamentals of healthcare systems” totaling 12 credit points; or
- in the area of the study programs for health professions, e.g. medicine, medical science, or pharmacy, together with basic knowledge comparable to the bridge modules “Principles of IT-systems” and “Fundamentals of programming” totaling 12 credit points.
A subject is considered relevant to the master’s program if it fulfills the central scientific requirements for the master’s program in "Digital health". The subject provides knowledge and experience in the foundations of IT systems engineering, computer science or in the foundations of medicine, health care provision and research.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Completed and signed admissions application. The admission application is the document that is compiled as a result of your online application on uni-assist.
- Simple copy (i.e. uncertified) of the German- or English-language graduation certificate from your first degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Diplom, Magister).
If your graduation or preliminary certificate is in a language other than German or English, then you must submit a German or English translation certified by a sworn translator, along with a simple copy of this document.
If documentation of your first professional qualification is not yet available by the admission application deadline, you can still apply for admission. You must have (with a transcript of records, uncertified will suffice):
- At least 140 CP in a bachelor's degree with a total requirement of 180 CP.
- At least 170 CP in a bachelor's degree with a total requirement of 210 CP.
- At least 200 CP in a bachelor's degree with a total requirement of 240 CP.
- Diploma Supplement: a simple copy (i.e. uncertified) of the diploma supplement or other relevant documentation from your university regarding all coursework completed for your first professional degree. You may also submit the module manual or the study and examination regulations of your degree program to evidence your qualification. If this coursework was completed at an institution of higher education other than the University of Potsdam, then this proof must include information regarding the credit points, form, content, and the examination modalities.
- If applicable, a placement notification for the first semester.
- English language knowledge (see language requirements).
- Discipline-specific test.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Proof of additional qualifications earned outside of higher education, such as internships completed domestically and abroad; vocational training or activities.
- Proof of special recognition of professional qualifications, for example, in the form of prizes or awards.
- Current or last certificate of university enrollment, or a copy of an exmatriculation certificate from a German institution of higher education, if you were enrolled in a program after acquiring the degree on which your application for the master's program is based.
- Documentation of citizenship (e.g., a copy of your passport).
- A written application for immediate admission in the context of the hardship quota (hardship application) and documentation required to substantiate such an application, if applicable.
- Documentation of an earlier offer of admission or proof of period service, if applicable.
- Documentation of qualification for the Brandenburg quota (Profilquote), if applicable.
- A written application to upgrade your waiting period, as well as documentation required to substantiate such an application, if applicable.
- A written application to upgrade your average grade, as well as documentation to substantiate such an application, if applicable.
- Documentation regarding ongoing or completed asylum proceedings, if applicable.
For more information please check theCourse Website